Daniel Faalele listed as starter at Right Tackle

Don't think it was a hard decision. Looks like he has gotten much better at his foot work and technique...had some trouble in Fall practices with speed end rushers.

Fleck just confirmed on KFAN the redshirt is off

This call should have been a no brainer. The line is substantially better with him at RT

This will throw a wrench in Urban's defensive scheme. We have them right where we want them now.

This is the correct move. Big Dan will make freshman mistakes, but he's got the physical tools to make a difference. It wouldn't surprise me to see Andries playing better because of this.

Team just got a lot better running and passing. This could be the proverbial game changer. Maybe not just yet vs juggernaut OSU but pretty excited.

This had to be done. Mostly for Annexstad's development. Having a young QB under constant pressure can severely stunt his growth (think David Carr and Texans). Sam S just wasn't getting the job done.

This had to be done. Mostly for Annexstad's development. Having a young QB under constant pressure can severely stunt his growth (think David Carr and Texans). Sam S just wasn't getting the job done.

Well you can't develop if you're broken or dead so yeah....

Sam's only a SO. A lot of lineman aren't ready until they're JRs or SRs. He'll certainly be in the mix to get a starting nod back next year but Faalele looked really impressive. I think and hope RT is on lock until Big Dan goes off to the NFL.

Add Christian Ponder

With Andries playing decently where does Dunlap fit in next year? LG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Andries playing decently where does Dunlap fit in next year? LG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some guys could change positions too. Could Olson slide over to center? Or any chance Dunlap is moved to tackle?

Some guys could change positions too. Could Olson slide over to center? Or any chance Dunlap is moved to tackle?

correct me if im wrong. but Blaise was also recruited as a OT correct? So I would say Blaise would move back to Tackle before Dunlap went to tackle? good problem to have

Number of different options within offensive line next year.

Schlueter regains starting tackle spot?
Andries moves to tackle?
Dunlap, Jr moves to tackle?
Olson to center?
Dickson grabs other starting tackle spot?

Purely a guess on my part, but my speculation is we'll see this lineup to start next season:

LT: Faalele
LG: Dunlap Jr
C: Olson
RG: Andries
RT: Dickson

I think they like Schmitz alot at center too, so could see him start there and Dunlap Jr backup up both guard spots.

Andries moves to tackle?
Olson to center?

Purely a guess on my part, but my speculation is we'll see this lineup to start next season:

LT: Faalele

I think they like Schmitz alot at center too, so could see him start there and Dunlap Jr backup up both guard spots.
Can we finish one game with a new starter before speculating about next season?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Andries moves to tackle?
Olson to center?

LT:

I think they like Schmitz alot at center too, so could see him start there and Dunlap Jr backup up both guard spots.[/QUOT

We haven’t seen Dunlap or Dickson. So don’t discount S? Schlüter Looks like lots of good possibilities. P.S. please, please what do I have to do prevent the gift cards from showing up. I don’t, repeat don’t want an Amazon gift card. Please, please stop from interrupting my reading, I will do anything but buy from Amazon or Walmart.

Can we finish one game with a new starter before speculating about next season?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Why? Posters have Faalele leaving early going to the NFL after 3 years. Looking only to next year seems much more rationale ;)

Why? Posters have Faalele leaving early going to the NFL after 3 years. Looking only to next year seems much more rationale ;)

If you choose to believe the rumor mill, several NFL scouts have already been in contact with Fleck about him already, basically saying do everything you can to get him ready, we're going to want him. The higher he goes, the better it is for recruiting.
Of course 3 years is a long ways off and lots can change.

Last edited:

If you choose to believe the rumor mill, several NFL scouts have already been in contact with Fleck about him already, basically saying do everything you can to get him ready, we're going to want him. The higher he goes, the better it is for recruiting.
Of course 3 years is a long ways off and lots can change.

Call me crazy, but I think it's better for us if he actually plays OT for us for all 4 years.

I also don't think Dan getting drafted in the 1st round will have any significant impact on recruiting.

Call me crazy, but I think it's better for us if he actually plays OT for us for all 4 years.

I also don't think Dan getting drafted in the 1st round will have any significant impact on recruiting.

But three or four guys drafted along with him may.

Fleck seems to think having a high draft pick is a big selling point, given the number of times he's talked about where Corey Davis was picked.

Top Bottom