Jeff Goodman reporting MSU-Gonzaga will play Oct. 27 scrimmage in Minneapolis

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
I assume it's a closed-doors scrimmage, but curious where they're playing it.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I assume it's a closed-doors scrimmage, but curious where they're playing it.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't like it. Sounds like a recruiting ploy to me. Play in Detroit or Seattle, please.

I don't like it. Sounds like a recruiting ploy to me. Play in Detroit or Seattle, please.

It won't be US Bank Stadium (Vikings are home that weekend), but I suppose Target Center is possible. T-Wolves will be in the midst of a 3-game homestand, but no game on the 27th.

I doubt it, if it's closed off, I suppose coaches could meet with recruits that they're already after. Seems logistically a half way point for both schools

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I doubt it, if it's closed off, I suppose coaches could meet with recruits that they're already after. Seems logistically a half way point for both schools

That would make sense if they're driving there, like when I meet my buddy at a bar halfway between his house and mine. But I can't imagine that would play a role when the two teams are flying.

That would make sense if they're driving there, like when I meet my buddy at a bar halfway between his house and mine. But I can't imagine that would play a role when the two teams are flying.
Or maybe it's the only way to promise Crandell a game in his home state?

What difference does it make if it's a Closed scrimmage with no fans? Makes sense to share the travel burden/costs.

My hunch is it's played at the Maturi Pav, the Mayo downtown facility where the Lynx/Twolves practice or any DII/DIII school in the area.

Per zags coach few. Crandall still pursuing degree as of oct. 7th...optimistic about him graduating this month but not a done deal...the closed nature of these scrimmages seems to preclude friends and family from attending so not sure what is in if for geno playing here other than a brief free trip back home

Maybe winner takes all frequent flyer miles.

Per zags coach few. Crandall still pursuing degree as of oct. 7th...optimistic about him graduating this month but not a done deal...the closed nature of these scrimmages seems to preclude friends and family from attending so not sure what is in if for geno playing here other than a brief free trip back home

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/oct/13/geno-crandall-completes-school-work-joins-gonzaga-/ - This is a couple weeks old, but if anyone is wondering sounds like Geno is good to go.

Top Bottom