Ridiculous preseason prediction thread

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Throw your wildest predictions in here. No judgment, just good old fashioned fun.

Mine:
Daniel Oturu sets the schools single season record for blocks

Big Ten Champions, runner up conference tourney, elite 8.

Two non-Power 6 schools make the Final 4. Hasn't happened since 2011 (Butler, VCU).

No Big Ten teams in the sweet sixteen

Three big ten teams in the elite eight

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Gophers finally finish higher than wisconsin in the Big Ten standings (don't yell at me for my wild prediction, you said they were welcome!)

Go Gophers!!

Nevada wins the national championship, Duke doesn't get a 1 or 2 seed in the NCAA tournament, and the Big Ten destroys the ACC in the Challenge.

Gophers earn double bye. Wisconsin disappoints, while Iowa exceeds expectations.
(Although I will say that Pitino Sr. comments about IW in another thread are worrisome. Coffey as starting point guard? - maybe that would be ok. Makes no sense at all to me why it takes the ncaa so long to rule on Carr.)

IW has breakout year averaging 21 ppg and leaves early as lottery pick.

IW has breakout year averaging 21 ppg and leaves early as lottery pick.

Every Minnesota fan's worst nightmare: a player or coach achieving such great success here that he leaves for bigger and better things.

Here's a scorching prediction: no injuries or off-court issues, top 6 in the conference, a single digit tournament seed, and fans and writers around the conference are shocked at Pitino's second big 1 year turnaround. We go from "oh no Pitino sucks!" back to "oh no Pitino's gonna leave!"

Creighton, specifically Greg McDermott, will be a surprising name to come up in the college hoops scandal/trial.

And the end is near for Sean Miller.

Last edited:

Maybe not surprising, but some muckraking social media journalist connects some unconnectable dots tying Nike and Oregon's foray into payola scandals to the U of M, feeds it to Myron and it goes viral. We are a Nike school after all. Guilt by association. It will take three years to clear the names of everyone brought up, resulting in us needing to start over again.

Sorry, it's a gloomy day.

Gophers finish top2 in the conference and get a 1 seed in the tournament after winning the B1G tourney. Pitino leaving fears reach Kevin Garnett approaching free agency level. Dissatisfied with Coyle's efforts to lock-up Richard, the U fires Coyle and hires Rick Pitino as our new AD! Richard leaves anyway when Duke comes calling after an Elite 8 appearance for the Gophers. Rick replaces Richard with Michael and Mathew Hurt's dad and the team switches to Adidas!

Top Bottom