Grade for 1st Series of the Motzko Era?

Derhey

Reaction score
Seeing that I live in Nebraska and the game was not on FSN, I was unable to see the tie Saturday. Very happy to watch the game tonight. But I would like to hear from the forum...what would you grade the first series of the Motzko era vs. #1 UMD?

A+.

"3 points" against the national Champs and preseason favorites that had beaten the Gophers eight in a row. I don't know how people didn't see a fresh voice was needed years ago for this program.

A solid B. Listening to Motzko's post game on the way home, he wasn't pleased about the penalties and noted that the Gophers scored on their only two chances in the second period.

Motzko said it was good for the freshmen to get their first goals this weekend. I'm also happy the coach got his first Gopher win out of the way.

Minnesota weathered the Bulldog pressure by playing the puck out of danger fairly quickly (the last few years we saw more panic and hope on defense)...and there was Robson.

There were some spectacular goals last night (I'll give a slight nod to Pitlick because of the shorthanded effort).

A solid B. Listening to Motzko's post game on the way home, he wasn't pleased about the penalties and noted that the Gophers scored on their only two chances in the second period.

Motzko said it was good for the freshmen to get their first goals this weekend. I'm also happy the coach got his first Gopher win out of the way.

Minnesota weathered the Bulldog pressure by playing the puck out of danger fairly quickly (the last few years we saw more panic and hope on defense)...and there was Robson.

There were some spectacular goals last night (I'll give a slight nod to Pitlick because of the shorthanded effort).

Nice overview. My only complaint with the game on Sunday (don’t know about Saturday remember) was that there were a lot of loose pucks around our goal. I hope we are able to clean the area up quicker and more efficiently as the season progresses. Loves the hustle and I thought the passing was tremendously better than recent years.

I'd give a A for the results. However B for the coaching. Even Motzko has said there are several glaring areas that need to be cleaned up. Got 2 week to clean it up before Vegas.

A. If you can get a win and a tie in a home and home with the number 1 team in the country, I'm not going to pick any nits about what we could have done better.

I'd give a A for the results. However B for the coaching. Even Motzko has said there are several glaring areas that need to be cleaned up. Got 2 week to clean it up before Vegas.

I agree

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

National Championships for the foreseeable future are just formalities. Start adding on to the trophy cases immediately.

Top Bottom