Gophers open as a 29.5 point underdog at Ohio St

Bring back the Axe

Reaction score
The last time the Gophers were such a sizable underdog was in Kill's first year.

For frame of reference, in 2015 they were 22.5 point dogs in Columbus the week after the goal line debacle vs Michigan.

That sounds about right given the circumstances. I have a feeling it will be less than that (I think it will be 17 point loss and some not so bad moments for the Gophers...Iowa is a good team). Guess we will see.

I'd be tempted to give the points. We know their head coach is a real ahole and therefore will run up the score every chance he gets.

My guess in another thread was +28 and the post after said to stop the negative comments. :rolleyes:

I'm a horrible at betting, and usually wrong.

Looking at this line, it seems as if Vegas is looking for action on the Gophers side of the line with the "Oh, OSU could win by 4 TD's, but 29.5 is even more than that. I'm going to take the Gophers to keep it at 35-7 or closer".

But since Vegas is doing that, I'm going to assume OSU is really the right bet. I'm taking OSU to win by more than 29.5.

I'll call it 35-0 at half.
41-7 by end of game.

I'm a horrible at betting, and usually wrong.

Looking at this line, it seems as if Vegas is looking for action on the Gophers side of the line with the "Oh, OSU could win by 4 TD's, but 29.5 is even more than that. I'm going to take the Gophers to keep it at 35-7 or closer".

But since Vegas is doing that, I'm going to assume OSU is really the right bet. I'm taking OSU to win by more than 29.5.

I'll call it 35-0 at half.
41-7 by end of game.

I think a lot of the time the line is basically using their system that is close to Sagarin or the like. His and a lot of other ones are right around OSU -29/-29.5.

They shift them for action a bit, but in a lot of cases, they get action based on human perceptions just dropping it right on that computerized line.

I just hope our first downs outnumber their touchdowns.

OSU will hang 50+ on this D. I'm not confident the Gopher offense will score 20 or more. I'm going with the Buckeyes ATS.

My guess in another thread was +28 and the post after said to stop the negative comments. :rolleyes:

If you think we are going to do bad, you are negative and anti fleck. If you think we are going to do well, you are anti fleck because you are setting him up to fail. What you need to do is thread the needle where you don't actually predict an outcome, and instead declare that you expect to see improvement while still demonstrating an appropriate willingness to accept any score differential.

The first step to shocking the world is to be the underdog. If Indiana can hang around at the horshoe, why not us?

Minnesota is +3,500 on the ML.. why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:clap:
If you think we are going to do bad, you are negative and anti fleck. If you think we are going to do well, you are anti fleck because you are setting him up to fail. What you need to do is thread the needle where you don't actually predict an outcome, and instead declare that you expect to see improvement while still demonstrating an appropriate willingness to accept any score differential.

Ohio State will score over 60, so it's up to the Gopher offense to score 30. Probably not enough time in the game for that to happen. This one has a chance to be the ugliest game in Minnesota football history.

I'd stay away from this game, gambling wise....I think OSU could win by 42, but just seems like the big explosive plays is what the Gophers are going to try to contain. Lots of 10-15-20 yard plays for OSU, & take their chances to hold them to FGs once they get to the red zone. Taking up more time & hopefully stopping them from a TD a few of those times.

Plus, if it's a large margin, Minnesota may still be scoring some points in the 4th quarter. I could easily see the Buckeyes rolling up 55+ points, but it wouldn't shock me either to see the Gophers get into the 30s by the time game is over.

I'd stay away from this game, gambling wise....I think OSU could win by 42, but just seems like the big explosive plays is what the Gophers are going to try to contain. Lots of 10-15-20 yard plays for OSU, & take their chances to hold them to FGs once they get to the red zone. Taking up more time & hopefully stopping them from a TD a few of those times.

Plus, if it's a large margin, Minnesota may still be scoring some points in the 4th quarter. I could easily see the Buckeyes rolling up 55+ points, but it wouldn't shock me either to see the Gophers get into the 30s by the time game is over.

I gotta wonder how anyone throws money down on games that are often a matter of "How much does the other team fold?" "How ambitious will the other team be, or will they have mercy on everyone and just RTUM after securing all the points they need?"

Ohio State will score over 60, so it's up to the Gopher offense to score 30. Probably not enough time in the game for that to happen. This one has a chance to be the ugliest game in Minnesota football history.

You have 0 idea of what you are talking about regarding ugliest game in MN history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking for moral victories. I hope we win time of possession.

The first step to shocking the world is to be the underdog. If Indiana can hang around at the horshoe, why not us?
Ohio State will lead 49 to zero at halftime. This is weakest Minnesota team to ever go into the horseshoe and most of those teams gave up a lot of points. Not least talented, just shellshocked after giving up so many points due to mistakes.Ohio State fans will show up from there tailgates and it will be 14 to zero 3 minutes in the game because Annexstad will throw 2 pick sixes.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ohio State will lead 49 to zero at halftime. This is weakest Minnesota team to ever go into the horseshoe and most of those teams gave up a lot of points.

Hyperbole much?

Coyle created this mess. He had to get rid of Claeys and his experienced staff The coordinators and Claeys are now at winning programs and making more money.

Looks like another year zero.

Coyle created this mess. He had to get rid of Claeys and his experienced staff The coordinators and Claeys are now at winning programs and making more money.

Sawvel is unemployed, and I very much doubt that Jay Johnson is making more as a quality control coach at Georgia than he did as the OC here.

I don't think that's the case...

Wha? What category of trolling would this fit into?

Top Bottom