Well, one thing -

Rog

Reaction score
Next year Iowa will play against the same MN players - we won't. I really believe we are on the way up and the future is bright.

It's hard to be patient when we've been bad for so long.

Bright spots were the young WR's and Faalele.

Faalele is just fun to watch. He just one-arms guys that try to get around him and hold them up, and on Run Block, he just pushes them downward and they have no ability to retaliate.
The man is an absolute beast.

9*. Word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/KZd26L2o8QXtK" width="480" height="280" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/applause-joker-KZd26L2o8QXtK">via GIPHY</a></p>

Next year Iowa will play against the same MN players - we won't. I really believe we are on the way up and the future is bright.
We haven't won at kinnick since before my balls dropped. Now I have a little bastard of my own. I'll believe it when I see it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Not really. Iowa started 4 seniors on offense, and 4 on defense, plus played two backup linebackers and corners. At least that was a quick check I did.

Our WRs looked good, and were playing against freshman backups. Yet, they have looked pretty good overall.

More importantly, our defense has to play much better than they have. We will see.

It's hard to be patient when we've been bad for so long.

Bright spots were the young WR's and Faalele.

Faalele is just fun to watch. He just one-arms guys that try to get around him and hold them up, and on Run Block, he just pushes them downward and they have no ability to retaliate.
The man is an absolute beast.

Maybe I should have said something about trophy games and being bad for so long to put it into a better context to advance my argument.

9*. Word.

tenor.gif

You mean the Iowa freshmen CB's with 3 picks yesterday are transferring?

9*. Word.

ftf once again belies moniker. Welcome back. I still see a path to eight wins but the coaching staff has got to get better at game prep, can't continue to be out coached.

we need better quarterback play - Zach was poor yesterday - maybe he is hurt but his balls were not well thrown at all - I thought we might catch lightning in a bottle with Green but that did not happen either - granted O-line is poor and defense could not adjust to play action and small yardage crossing routes - sorry but in my opinion yesterday was a glaring example that we still suck - Oh I don't even want to think about how bad the beat down will be next week in Columbus - the Kool-Aid tastes bad and I'm tired of hearing we are young - every team keeps getting better and I have marginal belief that PJ can fix this - is next year year 3 or year 1?

Fleck told us how young our team was every year including his last.

Convenient fallback position if season doesn't go well.

But it does get old (no pun intended).

we need better quarterback play - Zach was poor yesterday - maybe he is hurt but his balls were not well thrown at all - I thought we might catch lightning in a bottle with Green but that did not happen either - granted O-line is poor and defense could not adjust to play action and small yardage crossing routes - sorry but in my opinion yesterday was a glaring example that we still suck - Oh I don't even want to think about how bad the beat down will be next week in Columbus - the Kool-Aid tastes bad and I'm tired of hearing we are young - every team keeps getting better and I have marginal belief that PJ can fix this - is next year year 3 or year 1?

Here we go...five games in with true FR QB and we should give him the hook.

Is there anything tangible you see that makes you feel that way or is it blind faith?

Not trolling just curious, as I walked out of TCF Bank quite discouraged that a really blah Iowa offense just put up 48 points, Gophers had zero running game (although they were playing catch up all day) and the QB was lucky to finish the game upright.

Is there anything tangible you see that makes you feel that way or is it blind faith?

Not trolling just curious, as I walked out of TCF Bank quite discouraged that a really blah Iowa offense just put up 48 points, Gophers had zero running game (although they were playing catch up all day) and the QB was lucky to finish the game upright.

I see a lot of potential in our "young" players as I believe Fleck does. Also I heard Fleck say that this coming years recruiting class will exceed last years (which we see many playing now). Optimist, maybe, but far from being discouraged.

I see a lot of potential in our "young" players as I believe Fleck does. Also I heard Fleck say that this coming years recruiting class will exceed last years (which we see many playing now). Optimist, maybe, but far from being discouraged.

Fair enough. My optimism at this point is limited to thinking a Bowl bid is still in play.

Top Bottom