All Things Robb Smith Thread

Dear Robb,

You are getting gashed against Illinois. Giving up 2 70 yard touchdown runs is beyond unacceptable. Please find something else to do with your time.

Smith has to be better but in football when the unblocked man whiffs there isn’t much a coach can do other than run tackling drills

I hope we start playing some freshman safeties because I’m officially over Jacob huff

Just curious if anyone still thinks that Robb Smith should keep his job. Please post your reasons why so the rest of us can laugh at you.

Just curious if anyone still thinks that Robb Smith should keep his job. Please post your reasons why so the rest of us can laugh at you.

I wouldn’t have a problem with keeping him or firing him. I do think it is a personnel issue.
Our safeties are absolutely terrible. When they are unblocked and don’t make contact with the ball carrier, almost nothing a coach can do.

Other guys aren’t good enough to accommodate for that.

That being said. Part of the reasons the safeties are bad might be his coaching. So if we fire him I would be okay with that too.

Personnel is an issue. Robb Smith is part of the personnel I have an issue with

I wouldn’t have a problem with keeping him or firing him. I do think it is a personnel issue.
Our safeties are absolutely terrible. When they are unblocked and don’t make contact with the ball carrier, almost nothing a coach can do.

Other guys aren’t good enough to accommodate for that.

That being said. Part of the reasons the safeties are bad might be his coaching. So if we fire him I would be okay with that too.
There is no way our safeties are this bad. This is entirely a coaching problem. Fire Robb Smith!!!

There is no way our safeties are this bad. This is entirely a coaching problem. Fire Robb Smith!!!

The fact that the RB keeps making it to the safeties untouched is more of an indictment on the d-line and linebackers.

The fact that the RB keeps making it to the safeties untouched is more of an indictment on the d-line and linebackers.

Robb smith makes a call that has Barber unblocked in the gap the run is to, he misses.
Robb Smith has huff unblocked at the LOS the side the run is to, he doesn’t make contact with the guy.

That isn’t a scheme issue.
At the same time, it is his job to teach them how to make those tackles.

So I’m fine either way.

This might be some of the issue.
Could be the dietitians fault. Why is barber so fat and slow?

PJ Fleck "We have the best nutritionist in the country" "We Have the best strength and conditioning staff"

This is it - the safeties whiff a lot, but the linebackers are out of gap so often. I'm a rugby player, not football, so I admit I don't know football schemes. But I know assignments and the d line and linebackers are either missing their assignments multiple times a game or the scheme is setting them up to fail.

Maybe PJ Fleck should make a job posting on Zip Recruiter....

Dear Robb,

You are getting gashed against Illinois. Giving up 2 70 yard touchdown runs is beyond unacceptable. Please find something else to do with your time.

Pretty safe to say that he's doing something else on Saturday...

Top Bottom