***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we've improved one thing from last year. Last year when we couldn't run, we were done on offense. This year we still throw the ball.

The Gophers might be better off with a pylon at RT than Sam Schuleter. This game would be much closer if he was anything approaching a competent B1G offensive lineman. Annexstad has receivers open on every play, it's just a question of him getting time AND him actually scanning the field. The throw to Douglas in double coverage was troubling as he had another option on that side of the field wide open.

I don't know who to blame for the Fake FG TD, but it's inexcusable for the Gophers to give that one up. They had 5 guys in the middle of the field and were badly outnumbered on the right side. If that's on Smith or that's on Wenger I don't know.

I hated the decision to try a fake punt with over 2 minutes left in the first half from near midfield. The Gophers had 2 timeouts left and a chance to pin the Hawkeyes inside the 10. Very good chance to get the ball back with a minute or so remaining and good field position going in to the half. Worst case scenario is you are down 11. I don't see the need to force things there at all.

I can't say enough bad things about Robb Smith's defense today. How are you soft in coverage AND giving up big plays? It's the rarely seen bend AND break philosophy I guess. I had to laugh when the announcers briefly mentioned how well the Gophers were stopping the run...as Iowa had scored TD's on 3 of their 4 possessions at that point. I understand he's lost Winfield, but he simply can't continue to be the defensive coordinator if things don't vastly improve from what we've seen in B1G play so far.

Contrast this to Kirk C who has a banged up Freshman QB, no RT on his roster, and is down to his 3rd string RB...and the team is still moving the ball on offense. I guess that's the bright spot in what has, so far, been another completely embarrassing performance against Iowa.

Honestly Herbers ball had more zip than deep balls I've seen ZA throw

LOL, I hadn't thought about it cuz I was so pi$$ed by the play in general, but you're right...the ball looked pretty nice in flight.

Gophers gonna struggle the rest of the year. BOth lines are very bad by B1G standards, but that's clearly the part of a program that takes the longest to develop. You can clearly see the skill on O already. Give Annexstand another 1.5 seconds on most throws and this O would be humming, IMO. Get one more DL and get Winfield back and your D looks a lot better. I'm optimistic about the future still, but 6 wins this year is now a strech...

Major win holding em to 3 right there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nice coverage by the Florida kid- why don't we let him press instead of giving up 5 yard hook after hook?

Nothing about this game is out of reach yet, especially if we can narrow it to 7. We're clearly not as good, but I think we all know that teams that clearly aren't as good as their opponent can win games.

Iowa returns the favor with a kick out of bounds...

The Gophers might be better off with a pylon at RT than Sam Schuleter. This game would be much closer if he was anything approaching a competent B1G offensive lineman. Annexstad has receivers open on every play, it's just a question of him getting time AND him actually scanning the field. The throw to Douglas in double coverage was troubling as he had another option on that side of the field wide open.

I don't know who to blame for the Fake FG TD, but it's inexcusable for the Gophers to give that one up. They had 5 guys in the middle of the field and were badly outnumbered on the right side. If that's on Smith or that's on Wenger I don't know.

I hated the decision to try a fake punt with over 2 minutes left in the first half from near midfield. The Gophers had 2 timeouts left and a chance to pin the Hawkeyes inside the 10. Very good chance to get the ball back with a minute or so remaining and good field position going in to the half. Worst case scenario is you are down 11. I don't see the need to force things there at all.

I can't say enough bad things about Robb Smith's defense today. How are you soft in coverage AND giving up big plays? It's the rarely seen bend AND break philosophy I guess. I had to laugh when the announcers briefly mentioned how well the Gophers were stopping the run...as Iowa had scored TD's on 3 of their 4 possessions at that point. I understand he's lost Winfield, but he simply can't continue to be the defensive coordinator if things don't vastly improve from what we've seen in B1G play so far.

Contrast this to Kirk C who has a banged up Freshman QB, no RT on his roster, and is down to his 3rd string RB...and the team is still moving the ball on offense. I guess that's the bright spot in what has, so far, been another completely embarrassing performance against Iowa.

I agree with everything you said. The fake punt led to a touchdown. If you punt it there they probably don’t score a touchdown. At this point there can’t be anyone worse than Schleuter. Annexstad needs to learn to step up in the pocket and not backpedal. It would also help his line.

Up for grabs off the back foot again- this technique better be fixed by next year or people will call for someone else

Faalele is in! Hope I spelled it right

Best deep throw I've seen ZA make

The receiver has two steps and again Annexstad lofts the ball with too much air and under thrown. Smh.

Strip sack! Coughlin eating like he’s Khalil Mack!!!

Faalele destroyed the guy in front of him. If he can pass block too then SS shouldn't start again

Good things happen when you can get to the QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quick question. With respect to the redshirt rule, you are only allowed to play freshmen the first four weeks of the game to keep their redshirt? Or is it that they can only play four games during the season?

TIA

Quick question. With respect to the redshirt rule, you are only allowed to play freshmen the first four weeks of the game to keep their redshirt? Or is it that they can only play four games during the season?

TIA

4 games anytime

TIA

As I understand it four game through the season. This is 2nd I believe. Save him. He is good, but lets go for the future.

Top Bottom