***OFFICIAL IOWA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Time to get ready for the Red Sox and Yankees.

This is not the defense's fault. Special teams today lost this game. Awful head-coaching decisions all game long.

This coaching staff is lost in the BIG 10. They are coaching like they are still in the MAC.

48 points to a junk offense at home in an overall junk conference not good.

It took Jerry a year to figure out this was not the mid America conference. Fleck needs to change his best for the big 10.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

After they replaced Schleuter the line looks a lot better for the most part.
Replacing right tackle was obvious from the New Mexico State game. That the coaches waited so long to bench Sleuter at right tackle is on them. I know Rodney Smith getting hurt did not help matters but Oline struggled all year even before that play.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

#52, the LB for Iowa, is a beast. He'll be playing on Sundays.

Apparently our favorite play is the "4%^ it just throw it up"

How many straight trophy game losses is it?

We were probably going to not win this one anyway, but Fleck made too many decisions out of desperation today - the fake punt, going to the well one too many times with the wildcat on one drive, and bringing Green out for that late drive, only to have him heave a weak deep ball for a pick. I’m sure there are some things I missed here, but there were just too many boneheaded coaching moves made to beat a good team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fleck is now 2-10 in the B10; that's Wacker territory.
This game was going be difficult to win with where program is at. I don't get all the desperate heave them up throws. QB needs a lot of coaching on when to step up in the pocket. Circumstances of starting true freshman QB going make this a tough season. I do like that the Gophers played hard and did not quit on game. Hopefully we can get some better defensive end depth and defensive backs so Gophers are not always playing younger guys so much.
Right tackle spot has been hurting team all year. He may be good guy but he is not Big 10 offensive lineman. Anexstad needs to learn when to get rid of football. The whole first half we got behind beca of use of Iowa pressure from right side. Fake punt was the head scratcher, pin them deep there and get the ball back all day every day. Fakes and tricks work when in lead or not desperate. That fake was a real momentumn changer. Hope we can be more competitive after next week's slaughter.

Last edited:

This game was going be difficult to win with where program is at. I don't get all the desperate heave them up throws. QB needs a lot of coaching on when to step up in the pocket. Circumstances of starting true freshman QB going make this a tough season. I do like that the Gophers played hard and did not quit on game. Hopefully we can get some better defensive end depth and defensive backs so Gophers are not always playing younger guys so much.
Right tackle spot has been hurting team all year. He may be good guy bit he is not Big 10 offensive lineman. The whole first half we got behind because of Iowa pressure from right side. Fake punt was the head scratcher, pin them deep there and get the ball back all day every day. Fakes and tricks work when in lead or not desperate.
The d-back play was horrendous today. They have to learn to not let guys get behind them in the zone. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That’s 11 straight trophy game losses overall.

For Phildo, we’ve now been outscored 160-44 in our last 4 Big Ten games with a date in Ohio next week.

The d-back play was horrendous today. They have to learn to not let guys get behind them in the zone. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Several of the TDs, long gains were bad coverage by the LBs- think Blake got burned on 3 occasions

Clean hit

QUOTE=Oregon Gopher;1607226]Completely agree- hit him in the upper chest with his shoulder pad.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Targeting was questionable. It wasn't clean though. The receiver was completely defenseless.

What a bunch of losers.... I'm talking about most of the posters here....

No kidding and I just got home from the game. Looks like a ton of new accounts/trolls.

Not going to malign the players or coaches; however...the beers were priced at $9.50 each!! Miller Swill, Grainbelt NorthPiss...Summit, whatever!! Now that is worth complaining about!:mad:

Quick question. With respect to the redshirt rule, you are only allowed to play freshmen the first four weeks of the game to keep their redshirt? Or is it that they can only play four games during the season?

TIA

Four games total - that's why two Nebraska players transferred last week.

QUOTE=Oregon Gopher;1607226]Completely agree- hit him in the upper chest with his shoulder pad.

Nope. Targeting was questionable. It wasn't clean though. The receiver was completely defenseless.[/QUOTE]

Hitting a player catching a ball without contacting the head and neck is completely legal. The defenseless receiver note of the targeting rule only applies if the blow is to the head or neck. What's the defender supposed to do- let him complete the catch and gently lay him on the ground? Unfortunately since our schemes result in ZA's favorite route being slant and dig routes our receivers are likely going to get hit like this.

Four games total - that's why two Nebraska players transferred last week.

Have not followed the Nebraska departures.... are you saying that they transferred so that they could keep their redshirts and develop, or the opposite.... non redshirt players leaving due to their playing time being impacted?

Top Bottom