Henry Lake and Ron Johnson on KFAN

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Common Man was out today, Henry Lake filled in. Had Ron Johnson in studio while I was driving around.

Some really great analysis from Johnson, particularly when asked about the absence of Antoine Winfield Jr.

Mentioned the gap defense and how the lineman would likely have to change what they were doing with AWjr out. Curious to see if this is true and how it changes the defensive lines performance. Two gap is a lot different than what they've been running but you can't expect anyone to step in and fill Winfield's shoes.

He also said he thinks they have the talent to continue to compete and not fall apart, especially on offense.

Lake didn't seem to know a lot about the current state of the program but having lived in KC the past few years, this makes sense.

I was out driving and stumbled across them also, it was quite refreshing to hear real sports on the radio instead of that tried old CM schtick.

I would love to see Lake get a regular gig at Kfan. The current hosts are all white dudes.

I always liked Sludge and Lake back in the day when I would be driving my evening delivery route. Hope Lake can catch on full-time.

Lake way better than Common. Is he back or just visiting?

Time to make a change KFAN!

Pull your head out Mr. Abbot!!

Send Common packing.

I cant even stand the sound of his voice on commercials. I instantly change the station.

Henry Lake returning to KFAN after 5-plus years on radio in KC - Strib (9/12/18)

KFAN Radio alum Henry Lake is coming back to the station after more than five years on sports radio in Kansas City.

Lake will be back on KFAN within a few weeks, “joining all of our hosts in regular appearances and hosting a college basketball show,” said program director Chad Abbott. Lake will also fill in when hosts are away, Abbott said.

Lake said in a lengthy note Tuesday on Twitter, “I’m grateful to be finalizing my return to hosting and other responsibilities.” He first signed on with KFAN, 100.3 FM, in 2003 before moving to KCSP, 610 AM, in Kansas City in 2013.

“It’s where I began and am happy to return,” Lake wrote He did not disclose specifics about what his duties at the sports talk station would include and when his new gig begins.

http://www.startribune.com/henry-lake-returning-to-kfan-after-5-plus-years-on-radio-in-kc/493052181/

Top Bottom