Oturo fully cleared...

sal

Reaction score
And that’s good news.

Minnesota freshman Daniel Oturo (shoulder) has been fully cleared for all basketball related activities, per Richard Pitino. -- @JonRothstein
via http://cbssportsapp.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And that’s good news.

Minnesota freshman Daniel Oturo (shoulder) has been fully cleared for all basketball related activities, per Richard Pitino. -- @JonRothstein
via http://cbssportsapp.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent. Very good news.

per Marcus:

When practice opened for the season last week, Daniel Oturu was cleared by the Gophers for limited contact drills for the first time. The talented 6-foot-10 freshman had not scrimmaged against his teammates at that point after having reconstructive shoulder surgery in April.

As you can imagine, Oturu had to be eased into things, but there is no limit to what he can do now.

A source confirmed to the Star Tribune the news Friday that Pitino told CBSSports’ Jon Rothstein about Oturu being fully cleared for all basketball related activities.

Earlier this week, Pitino said Oturu was progressing doing full contact after being held out of that during his recovery this summer. The elite shot blocker from Cretin-Derham Hall is expected to compete for the starting center spot with redshirt sophomore Eric Curry.

Oturu and 7-foot senior Matz Stockman both played with the starters during a scrimmage last Tuesday. Curry was sidelined with a calf strain, but Pitino said he was doing non-contact work this week.

With a 7-foot-2 wingspan, Oturu should be an immediate rim protector for the Gophers, who clearly lacked an inside defensive presence after senior Reggie Lynch’s suspension last season. They dropped from a Big Ten-leading 6.79 blocks per game in 2016-17 to ranking 10th in conference games with just 3.4 per game.

http://www.startribune.com/freshman-center-daniel-oturu-fully-cleared-for-the-gophers/495305091/

Go Gophers!!

Well it's a matter of respect and holding a national writer to a simple standard of getting the name right of his subject. I am sure Oturu likes seeing his name butchered online or in print.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Well it's a matter of respect and holding a national writer to a simple standard of getting the name right of his subject. I am sure Oturu likes seeing his name butchered online or in print.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I get your point thanks. Just not the way I am wired. If it happened to me it just wouldn't bother me in the least.

Annnottheer speeeliing wizzzard. Sooo importtaannnt todayyyy.

Not that it's a huge deal, but it wasn't just a simple spelling error. It's a bigger mistake when you spell it in a way that wouldn't even be pronounced the same way. Kinda like calling someone Brett when their name is Brent. Some may call it a "spelling mistake", but they're two entirely different names.

I'm a huge huge huge fan of Oturu. He is a special player on defense.

Top Bottom