Way off topic, HS lineman with a mean streak?

STPGopher

Reaction score
[video]https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/texas-high-school-football-player-strangled-on-the-field-sparking-national-outrage/ar-BBNXag5?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout[/video]

Kid should be in jail. Totally unacceptable on or off the field. Half a game suspension?

Used to play sports with a guy like this growing up. It sucked.
Fortunately I was always a little bigger than he was so he didn't come after me very often, but assholes like him ruin sports for everybody.

It is scary to imagine what this kid will be like as an adult. We have a lot of examples of that today. That is wacko.

It’s nothing new. It’s human nature - for some.

Speaking of bullies, in Jr high I was playing first base and an older kid stomped on my right ankle as hard as possible as he ran to first. Totally out of the blue, we hadn’t exchanged words to that point, guy was just an ass. He went on to be a lauded state champion wrestler in high school. An early life lesson for me.

What about the f’ing coach??? He shouldn’t be allowed to coach anymore. What a joke. Those players weren’t simply doing it on their own volition. If they were, the coach did nothing to stop it. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, to only give a half game (because of district rules) for that demands a firing. Guy isn’t fit to coach kids. Everyone can get too hot at times and push/shove but that looked like multiple pre-planned assaults.

Before a few of my first practices in 7th grade football, an 8th grader (who actually should have been in 9th but was held back when he was younger) made each of us stand there one at a time while he or one of his buddies took a 10 yard running start and tackled us. It was supposedly our "initiation".

Surprise, surprise, the kid that was the mastermind to the "initiation" never graduated high school and ended up in jail multiple times before he even turned 25.

Doesn't excuse any of what was caught on film: is there any backstory to this?? Was the player sending nasty messages on facebook, twitter, message boards ... player slept with someone's sister? Etc. I'm grasping at straws, trying to explain why this guy was targeted by the Waco player(s).

Or is this kid really just a rotten apple? Any previous history of incidents like this, if so? Usually it doesn't just happen, for no reason. But ... always has to be a first time, I guess.

Doesn't excuse any of what was caught on film: is there any backstory to this?? Was the player sending nasty messages on facebook, twitter, message boards ... player slept with someone's sister? Etc. I'm grasping at straws, trying to explain why this guy was targeted by the Waco player(s).

Or is this kid really just a rotten apple? Any previous history of incidents like this, if so? Usually it doesn't just happen, for no reason. But ... always has to be a first time, I guess.

This was close to the plot of a great 80s movie. Sweep the leg.

His mom thought he was targeted because he was the quarterback during offense, but was also on the special teams. If I were her I would file assault charges against the kid and the head coach. Totally disgusting. But, hey...Texas football.

Here is where I originally saw the story (probably the same source as OP)...
https://saturdaytradition.com/big-t...ted-choked-and-attacked-during-texas-hs-game/

It is scary to imagine what this kid will be like as an adult. We have a lot of examples of that today. That is wacko.

I don't think he'll make it through college if he goes that route. His behavior will catch up with him. From there...Hungan's comments. It will be scary.

Top Bottom