How many fans will be in attendance for the Gophers/Iowa game?

How many fans will be in attendance for the Gophers/Iowa game?

• 46,000+

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • 42,000 - 45,999

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • 38,000 - 41,999

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • 35,000 - 38,999

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Less than 35,000

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
It's HATE WEEK!! How many fans will be packed in the stands for this rivalry game?

Iowa fans will flood the stadium smelling blood in the water.

Secondary market seems rather stagnant. I've been watching all week and nobody has budged. Yet.

It's homecoming and Iowa will bring a lot of fans...

The real question is how many GOPHER fans will be there

Does Iowa really bring that many fans to TCF? It seemed a lot worse in the Dome. It hasn't seemed too bad since the move outdoors.

The only what the hell moment I remember is the 1st time Nebraska came here....there was a whole lot of red in the stands that day. wisconsin of course brings their fair share

There weren’t a lot of tickets left when I bought mine a few weeks ago so it should be close to a sellout.

I just hope no one stands at the game...that is so annoying when people actually get into the game like that! :)

Does Iowa really bring that many fans to TCF? It seemed a lot worse in the Dome. It hasn't seemed too bad since the move outdoors.

The only what the hell moment I remember is the 1st time Nebraska came here....there was a whole lot of red in the stands that day. wisconsin of course brings their fair share

Yes they do, based on ticket availability. Really started to notice more Iowa fans in 2016 when the "new stadium" buzz had worn off.

Ugh - we have to keep them from dominating the stadium with the stupid I-O-WA cheer. I hope our PA guy or the band are ready to drown it out whenever it starts.

Ugh - we have to keep them from dominating the stadium with the stupid I-O-WA cheer. I hope our PA guy or the band are ready to drown it out whenever it starts.

Even when attending games in Iowa, I just start yelling random nonsensical letters when they do that. It makes me feel better and it is usually good for a laugh or two from other Gopher fans.

Even when attending games in Iowa, I just start yelling random nonsensical letters when they do that. It makes me feel better and it is usually good for a laugh or two from other Gopher fans.

That reminds me of a "Who Hates Iowa" chant started at the Big House in Ann Arbour at a Michigan/Gophers game. Everyone was laughing because the Michigan fans joined in.

Nebraska is insane. When I was in Oregon for the Gophers/Beavers game, my wife and I went to Eugene for Ducks/Huskers beforehand. I'm at a tailgate talking to some Oregon fans and telling them how many Huskers fans will be there. They didn't believe me. I bet it was 1/3 Nebraska fans at kickoff.

It was so bad that I had to take a 40 minute Uber to get to a car rental place. Waited an hour, got a car. Guy said "this might be the last car we rent, every car in Portland-area is taken" because so many Nebraska fans were there.

But their fans are super nice so I'm cool if they want to come see taller buildings.

48,199, best crowd since Iowa game two years ago! Thanks Hawkeye fans!

The Idiots Out Walking Around were OK today in my section. Until they started the " we eat Gopher meat " cheer. Of course, in IO. that might be preferable to squirrel.

True, the vaunted Cornhusker fans didn't show up last year did they? Couldn't break 40K.

Gophers don't have the only fan base that doesn't want to pay to see their team lose.

None of the visitng fans have appeared in big numbers since TCF replaced the Metrodome, other than the Nevraska fans. There are plenty of empty seats so the TCF capacity has nothing to do with it. Very oddhttp://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?2-7-National-Titles-Football-Forum

The Gopher fan and student turn out has dropped from the Mason era MetroDome years though.

Top Bottom