Nebraska Road Trip

For those that have been to Nebraska before, is it better to try a few bars before the game or try to find people to tailgate with?

I'm in Omaha Friday night near Old Market and then a hotel Saturday night in Haymarket in Lincoln. There should be a large number of Gopher fans around Old Market Friday night. Can't wait.

For those that have been to Nebraska before, is it better to try a few bars before the game or try to find people to tailgate with?

You can walk into any lot and Nebraska fans will invite you to join their tailgates. Obviously bring beverages, etc., to share. But even if you don't, they will offer you food and beverages. Best fans in the B1G.

Me and my friend are making the trip down from the U, but we need help with parking. Is there a place were you can park cheaply?

Just got a spot in a tailgating lot off StubHub for less than $20 including fees. It's about a 15 minute walk to the stadium.

You can walk into any lot and Nebraska fans will invite you to join their tailgates. Obviously bring beverages, etc., to share. But even if you don't, they will offer you food and beverages. Best fans in the B1G.

Thanks for the info, this is what we will probably do. This is what I heard from many of my Nebbie fans as well.

I'm excited to make my 2nd trip to Lincoln early Saturday morning. For those saying the weather will be perfect, you might want to temper expectations a bit. The weather won't be bad, but it would have been much better if the game was on Friday. We're looking at sunshine and a high of 58, with a breezy northwest wind of 15-25 mph.

I'm excited to make my 2nd trip to Lincoln early Saturday morning. For those saying the weather will be perfect, you might want to temper expectations a bit. The weather won't be bad, but it would have been much better if the game was on Friday. We're looking at sunshine and a high of 58, with a breezy northwest wind of 15-25 mph.

Right, so perfect weather for late October football.

Also not great for us sitting in the south end zone up in the jet stream.

Where are people sitting. My GopherScore is 0 so I got Section 41 row 98. I am bringing binoculars! The band is sitting in Section 21, directly across the stadium from me :(

Yup can’t wait! 3rd time and hopefully it ends well like the first time in 2014. We’re section 20 row 88. We’ve been in row 98 the other times. That is way up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MirandaB the Billd's sat up high in 601 for the W in Lincoln the few years back. It's really not that bad...we were at the very top two rows...kind of like watching from the Goodyear blimp.

For those of us a little more space challenged there's more butt and leg room up there compared to the end zone visitor section we were at two years ago (top of Section 19 I think). Plus, if I remember correctly there's escalators to get up to the 600 level...which is nice if you've had a few or many before the game.

Safe travels and hoping for a Gophers win!

Last edited:

I heard that those high end zone seats are hard to get in and out of so I settled for the 600 level on the east side, with the assumption that the leg room and space, restrooms and access would be good, because it is recently constructed space subject to ADA regulations.

Some other poster confirmed that it is pretty good up there, despite the vertical challenges, and at least it is a direct side view of the field, with some scoreboards to look at as well. I'd rather be down in 21 or 22 by the band and some of the MN fans, but it will be good up there, if the wind is not blowing at 40 MPH all game.

I suspect the stadium experience will be pretty good, probably more comfortable than IA, WI, or Michigan, at least up on the 600 level. i hate getting jammed into those tight rows unless surrounded by fellow Gopher fans who are all standing the whole game, which mitigates the tight rows of all the old Big Ten stadium bench seats.

The Iowa fans always make fun of how "small" TCF is. If they tore out all the existing seating, and jammed in tight rows of bench seats, with small painted "seats" I suspect the capacity of TCF would easily be more than Kinnick Stadium, as it is a much bigger structure.

Last edited:

I'm in Omaha Friday night near Old Market and then a hotel Saturday night in Haymarket in Lincoln. There should be a large number of Gopher fans around Old Market Friday night. Can't wait.

We'll be in Omaha Friday night as well. One of my favorite bars in Old Market is Harney Street Tavern! They always have music and is a really cool downstairs bar! I'm sure we'll spend some time there.

Where are people sitting. My GopherScore is 0 so I got Section 41 row 98. I am bringing binoculars! The band is sitting in Section 21, directly across the stadium from me :(

My group will be in section 35 row 91. Wayyyy up there. Looking forward to it though, first experience in Lincoln. Go Gophs!

Look for the 59 year old, bald, "slightly" overweight guy bar hopping around downtown Lincoln before and after the game enjoying life (win or lose) and basking in the atmosphere. I'll be decked out in maroon and gold and wearing a cap (i guess it makes me look NOT bald). I can't wait for this weekend!

Sounds like there will be a decent amount of Gopher fans in Lincoln this weekend. Just a few comments about the stadium, great atmosphere and game experience, but I think the place is a dump. Very little butt and leg space, if a few people in your row use the seat/back cushions, you may not be able to seat the correct number of people in the row. Every seat in the place is benches. The upper walkways are tiny.

Sounds like there will be a decent amount of Gopher fans in Lincoln this weekend. Just a few comments about the stadium, great atmosphere and game experience, but I think the place is a dump. Very little butt and leg space, if a few people in your row use the seat/back cushions, you may not be able to seat the correct number of people in the row. Every seat in the place is benches. The upper walkways are tiny.

Seems to be a theme among these older, mega sized college stadiums. It's all bench seating, it's all leg room designed for people in the 1950's, it's all cram them in there like sardines. The opposite of an NFL stadium, from that perspective.

Seems to be a theme among these older, mega sized college stadiums. It's all bench seating, it's all leg room designed for people in the 1950's, it's all cram them in there like sardines. The opposite of an NFL stadium, from that perspective.

This is all true. 6'6" and was in attendance in 2012. I highly suggest you get up to your seats by 2:15pm. You can carve out your actual "seat", enjoy the bomb pregame activities, and then others cram in around you instead of the other way around.

In the car now on 35W with the family of four. Waiting on word on whether I get media credentials for the game.

Add 300 more to that decent Gopher contingent as the U of M Marching Band will be there!

Going for the 4th time.

This time we're in the deep corner of South Stadium, we'll see if egress is any better down there.

38/70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom