Nebraska Road Trip

Fourth trip and fourth time in section 40. But this year we've moved all the way down to row 91! I actually grew up in Nebraska and attended UNL many decades ago. Went to every game as a student and went back after graduation for quite a few games. It's great fun for me to attend games as a visitor now.

I have two extra tickets for sale in sec. 40 row 95. Could get them to anyone interested at the stadium.

I wish there was a bus from Mpls to Nebraska for this game. Does the goal line club do this?

See you all tonight! Leaving now. Ski-U-Mah!

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

On our way! GO GOPHERS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 of us in section 19, 96 and 97! First time for all of us - looking forward to the tailgating in Lincoln and the bars around Old Market!

Section 40 row 11. Bought off Craigslist this week for a lot less than I thought it would cost

Just polished off a burnt ends sandwich at Smokey D's in Des Moines.

I’m currently somewhere in middle America.

Heading down early tomorrow morning. Section 16, row 11! Go Gophers!

Heading down early tomorrow morning. Section 16, row 11! Go Gophers!

It is pretty sedate in Old Town Omaha with no danger of the 1PM bar close being infringed upon. Old Town Lincoln is the real deal though, brick streets, lots of old repurposed buildings, that streets that feel very much like the old frontier Missouri river town days. I do not think I have been to very many places that capture that "old town" vibe like Omaha.

Further upriver the area by the newer Arena Creighton plays in and the CWS BB stadium is good enough with some pretty good new riverfront apartments/ condos that I could deal with if I had to live in Omaha. Conagra also has a massive corporate campus with a nice park between Old Town and the river. I never made it up the hill to the actual downtown, but I was somewhat impressed. When I think of Omaha I always think of two old movies (Election - Matthew Broderick - Reese Witherspoon plus About Schmidt - w/ Jack Nicholson) both scewer Omaha a bit.

The deal was too good to pass up, so I avoided the hotel rates in Lincoln, but I may pay the real price in traffic issues tomorrow.

I’m currently somewhere in middle America.

Guess you better turn your ticket in, and get your money back at the door........

I am in Lincoln looking forward to a Gopher victory tomorrow.

It is pretty sedate in Old Town Omaha with no danger of the 1PM bar close being infringed upon. Old Town Lincoln is the real deal though, brick streets, lots of old repurposed buildings, that streets that feel very much like the old frontier Missouri river town days. I do not think I have been to very many places that capture that "old town" vibe like Omaha.

Further upriver the area by the newer Arena Creighton plays in and the CWS BB stadium is good enough with some pretty good new riverfront apartments/ condos that I could deal with if I had to live in Omaha. Conagra also has a massive corporate campus with a nice park between Old Town and the river. I never made it up the hill to the actual downtown, but I was somewhat impressed. When I think of Omaha I always think of two old movies (Election - Matthew Broderick - Reese Witherspoon plus About Schmidt - w/ Jack Nicholson) both scewer Omaha a bit.

The deal was too good to pass up, so I avoided the hotel rates in Lincoln, but I may pay the real price in traffic issues tomorrow.

I kind of like Omaha too. I saw their local version of Paul Westerberg, Connor Oberest, at a cool bar/boat club on the missouri a few miles north of Downtown. Good food good people

I like Omaha too.
There is a cool local music scene. I saw Conor Oberest at this cool river bar there about 10 years ago and thought what does Sid Hartman know anyway.

Hit Upstream brewery from nightcap. Busy when we got there but quite by the time we left.

Last edited:

Top Bottom