Gopher baseball legend Paul Molitor fired by the Twins

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Sad day. Sounds like the interloping management team wants to keep him on in something more than a ceremonial capacity. Hard to imagine he would take on minor league hitting instructor or something.

Sad day. Sounds like the interloping management team wants to keep him on in something more than a ceremonial capacity. Hard to imagine he would take on minor league hitting instructor or something.

Personally I can't understand why Molitor didn't quit instead long before this, for his own sake. It's been painful all season to see a former HOF player like Molitor suffer through a season in which an inept front office has supplied him with no talent and has made only pitiful attempts to put a representative team on the field. Why did he continue to let himself be so humiliated?

Molitor made so many bad in game moves that despite the team he had....he needed to be let go.

It'd be great if he could find a place with the Gophers.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Personally I can't understand why Molitor didn't quit instead long before this, for his own sake. It's been painful all season to see a former HOF player like Molitor suffer through a season in which an inept front office has supplied him with no talent and has made only pitiful attempts to put a representative team on the field. Why did he continue to let himself be so humiliated?

Oh, I imagine the $1.75 million he was making, plus the $3.5 million for the next two years he now gets paid, were a factor. Lets say he was humiliated 162 times (he wasn't) that is ~ $32,407.41 per humiliation. That is why he didn't quit.

It was sort of like watching the movie, Major League, play itself out before our eyes. Molitor did a very good job under the circumstances. He should get another shot in a heartbeat, if he wants it.

Top Bottom