Nate Umlor

Reaction score
I've seen it asked a few times on this forum...
PJ confirmed in a recent article that this is for sure a red shirt season for Nate, looking to use this season on strength and size development that he missed out on last season by being pressed into action as a true frosh.

per Randy:

Notes

• Defensive lineman Nate Umlor played in 11 games and started the final seven as a true freshman last season but hasn’t seen action yet in 2018. That’s by design, because Fleck said he plans to redshirt Umlor. “Nate Umlor will play at some point,” Fleck said, pointing to the new NCAA rule that allows players to participate in up to four games without losing a year of eligibility.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-correct-mistakes-made-in-maryland/494843101/

Go Gophers!!

per Randy:

Notes

• Defensive lineman Nate Umlor played in 11 games and started the final seven as a true freshman last season but hasn’t seen action yet in 2018. That’s by design, because Fleck said he plans to redshirt Umlor. “Nate Umlor will play at some point,” Fleck said, pointing to the new NCAA rule that allows players to participate in up to four games without losing a year of eligibility.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-correct-mistakes-made-in-maryland/494843101/

Go Gophers!!

Thanks Bleed!

Thanks I was wondering about that too. Wonder if he would take a few reps from Renner?

What was the name of the guy who was getting these sacks in very little playing time. Can't think of the name and have seen any posts to stimulate my memory. If you know who I'm talking about let me know if he is still on the team. I remember him being fast off the edge but kind of skinning for a DE.

What was the name of the guy who was getting these sacks in very little playing time. Can't think of the name and have seen any posts to stimulate my memory. If you know who I'm talking about let me know if he is still on the team. I remember him being fast off the edge but kind of skinning for a DE.

Devers.

He is still on the team and playing quite a bit now.

Devers still skinny like a popsicle stick He got out of his GAP and vacated rush lane on first big homerun touchdown by Maryland. Bad run GAP discipline happens when he Devers plays.
Barber needs to be in middle of fuels more.
Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FWIW, Gophersports.com has gotten around to updating the roster and adding the recruits who signed on in Dec.
Umlor is now listed as a TE.

Knowing to look for a thread (or take the time to find a thread) that started/ended in early October to comment further about Umlor at the end of January is the result of memory and skills or dedication that I simply do not have. Everyone wishes to be a better person but in this case, I have to recognize my limitations.

Knowing to look for a thread (or take the time to find a thread) that started/ended in early October to comment further about Umlor at the end of January is the result of memory and skills or dedication that I simply do not have. Everyone wishes to be a better person but in this case, I have to recognize my limitations.

I appreciate being recognized for my heroism, but the truth is I just searched for "Umlor".

I wonder if he takes on the role Schlueter assumed late in the season at TE with Schlueter going back to OT.

A real hero seldom thinks of himself as a hero.

Kinda like how someone ruins it for an "unsung hero" by giving the person some recognition. If you're "sung" you can no longer be "unsung".

Selfless heroes are made, not born.

Top Bottom