Ten things to look for this week against Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per HawkeyeInsider:

HOW DOES IOWA HANDLE THE FIRST ROAD TEST OF THE SEASON?

The Hawkeyes may have a lot more experienced than the Golden Gophers, but there's something about the first major road test of the season. Iowa opened their season playing four straight home games and then went into their bye week, so they haven't been tested on the road yet. It will be the first time that the crowd isn't going to be behind them and with the disdain that Minnesota holds toward Iowa, it will be interesting to see how the Hawkeyes respond. Iowa is 5-5 at Minnesota since 2000.

https://247sports.com/college/iowa/...ers-on-Big-Ten-Network-122760166/#122760166_4

Go Gophers!!

per HawkeyeInsider:

The Hawkeyes may have a lot more experienced than the Golden Gophers, but there's something about the first major road test of the season. Iowa opened their season playing four straight home games and then went into their bye week, so they haven't been tested on the road yet. It will be the first time that the crowd isn't going to be behind them and with the disdain that Minnesota holds toward Iowa, it will be interesting to see how the Hawkeyes respond. Iowa is 5-5 at Minnesota since 2000.

https://247sports.com/college/iowa/...ers-on-Big-Ten-Network-122760166/#122760166_4

Go Gophers!!

Disdain? It's HATE week!

They were at home the first four weeks in a row?? lol what?

Not sure if you're serious or not, but the Gophers start with four home games in 2020 and 2022. Interestingly, week 3 both years is vs. Iowa, then final NC game is week 4.

Not sure if you're serious or not, but the Gophers start with four home games in 2020 and 2022. Interestingly, week 3 both years is vs. Iowa, then final NC game is week 4.

Fair enough! I figured teams would spread out road trips more, but it probably doesn't make that big a difference

Fair enough! I figured teams would spread out road trips more, but it probably doesn't make that big a difference

P5 schools schedule 7 of the 12 games at home so 4 in a row especially at the start of the season doesn't impact road trips. I've never seen the Gophers play back to back to back road games.

I dislike this article. WHO HATES IOWA?!

per HawkeyeInsider:

The Hawkeyes may have a lot more experienced than the Golden Gophers...

Written by an Iowa grad, obviously.

Last edited:

Top Bottom