Script our first 15 plays against Iowa

grumps

Reaction score
I'm sure their coaching staff won't view this thread, so feel free to call the plays for Kirk and the offense.

Post one at a time or all 15 at once.

Run up the middle.
Run up the middle.
Seth Green Wildcat run up the middle on 3rd and 11.

Repeat 5 times.

Rumm ta tumm tumm, wild cat time. Rumm ta tumm tumm, long baum. Rumm ta tumm, Zack axed. Zacked axed times two, wild cat time at 3rd and forever.

In all seriousness, I look for the Gophers to bounce back. But, is it going to be enough?

Wildcat with Zack, Seth, and Tanner all in the backfield.

15 TDs on 15 plays....

Tunnel screen to Bateman, johnson misses block, -2 yards (gopherhole crashes)

RUTM, +2 yards!

Slant to Johnson (dropped, gopherhole ceases to exist)

PUNT (shanked, 23 yard net)

Gophers get the ball back, down 3-0 after Iowa self destructs inside the CASE IH RED ZONE. Hard to believe that they didn't target Fant one time.

RUTM, +3 yards

5 step drop, Annexstad hit as he throws, ball hits cheerleader, incomplete. Autman-Bell intended target tho

Fake tunnel screen, Johnson releases on purpose, 17 yard completion, could have been a TD but was slightly under thrown. Is Annexstad still hurt? I thought he'd be healthy after the bye!! AND THAT IS ANOTHER GOLDEN GOPHER FIRST DOWN

RUTM, +1 yard, 2nd and 9

Screen to I-BRA-HIM, +7 yards. Dragged down from behind. Limps off the field but appears to be OK. PJ slaps his helmet and adjusts his head set. Crouches down, hands on his knees, looking at the field, as if this is the play of the season. 3rd and 2 at the Iowa 47.

RUTM, +2 yards, cloud of dust. Devastating push inside, Gophers exerting some will...Iowa lineman have their hands on their hips. INJURY ON THE PLAY: Kristian Welch shaken up on the play. Looks like a shoulder but maybe just wanted some rest. AND THATS ANOTHER GOLDEN GOPHER FIRST DOWN.

Delayed draw that looks awkward, nearly a fumble. No yards. 2 and 10 at the Iowa 45.

Max protect, Bateman to the right, Johnson to the left. Annexstad has all day. Scrambles left. Cuts back right, throws over the middle....and its CAUGHT!! KO KIEFTTTTTT. 13 yards and THATS ANOTHER GOLDEN GOPHER FIRST DOWN!

1st and 10 at the Iowa 32.

RUTM, +4 yards. solid push. Schlueter down on the field. Got rolled up on late. DO YOU HEAR THAT??? THATS FAALELE'S MUSIC!
2nd and 6 on the Iowa 28.

RUTM, +3 yards. Faalele's man ended up at the Iowa 9. 3rd and 3. PJ crouches again. The maroon pants appear to be painted on. His goldy themed shoes dig into the turf. He looks around. The Iowa contingent is sobering up and is surprisingly quiet.

PLAY ACTION! Iowa's backup linebacker bites HARD, Annexstad surveys and throws over the middle...CAUGHT. Tyler Johnson on a crossing route. Bateman throws a block as he turns up field. Clean block! Johnson to the 15, spins out of a would be tacklers arms...and lowers his shoulder into Amani Hooker. He stumbles forward and dives...........TOUCHDOWN GOPHERS! A TWENTY FIVE YARD STRIKE. Johnson win a pie for it, great downfield block by Bateman and then used his newfound strength to run over Hooker.

Carpenter on for the point after. Snap, hold, kick...dead center. Gophers 7 Hawkeyes 3

RUTM, +2 yards!

Gophers get the ball back, down 3-0 after Iowa self destructs inside the CASE IH RED ZONE. Hard to believe that they didn't target Fant one time.

RUTM, +3 yards

5 step drop, Annexstad hit as he throws, ball hits cheerleader, incomplete. Autman-Bell intended target tho

Fake tunnel screen, Johnson releases on purpose, 17 yard completion, could have been a TD but was slightly under thrown. Is Annexstad still hurt? I thought he'd be healthy after the bye!! AND THAT IS ANOTHER GOLDEN GOPHER FIRST DOWN

RUTM, +1 yard, 2nd and 9

Screen to I-BRA-HIM, +7 yards. Dragged down from behind. Limps off the field but appears to be OK. PJ slaps his helmet and adjusts his head set. Crouches down, hands on his knees, looking at the field, as if this is the play of the season. 3rd and 2 at the Iowa 47.

RUTM, +2 yards, cloud of dust. Devastating push inside, Gophers exerting some will...Iowa lineman have their hands on their hips. INJURY ON THE PLAY: Kristian Welch shaken up on the play. Looks like a shoulder but maybe just wanted some rest. AND THATS ANOTHER GOLDEN GOPHER FIRST DOWN.

Delayed draw that looks awkward, nearly a fumble. No yards. 2 and 10 at the Iowa 45.

Max protect, Bateman to the right, Johnson to the left. Annexstad has all day. Scrambles left. Cuts back right, throws over the middle....and its CAUGHT!! KO KIEFTTTTTT. 13 yards and THATS ANOTHER GOLDEN GOPHER FIRST DOWN!

RUTM, +4 yards. solid push. Schlueter down on the field. Got rolled up on late. DO YOU HEAR THAT??? THATS FAALELE'S MUSIC!

RUTM, +3 yards. Faalele's man ended up at the Iowa 9. 3rd and 3. PJ crouches again. The maroon pants appear to be painted on. His goldy themed shoes dig into the turf. He looks around. The Iowa contingent is sobering up and is surprisingly quiet.

PLAY ACTION! Iowa's backup linebacker bites HARD, Annexstad surveys and throws over the middle...CAUGHT. Tyler Johnson on a crossing route. Bateman throws a block as he turns up field. Clean block! Johnson to the 15, spins out of a would be tacklers arms...and lowers his shoulder into Amani Hooker. He stumbles forward and dives...........TOUCHDOWN GOPHERS! A TWENTY FIVE YARD STRIKE. Johnson win a pie for it, great downfield block by Bateman and then used his newfound strength to run over Hooker.

Carpenter on for the point after. Snap, hold, kick...dead center. Gophers 7 Hawkeyes 3

It's like I'm at the game already...outstanding!

Just mix it up. Inside and outside runs - jet sweep - dump-off passes to RB's or TE's - quick slants to slot receiver - quick curls or outs to WR's -and try to take a shot downfield IF the QB has time.

But, show as much variety as possible - and everything should be quick, quick, quick. I do not want to see ZA taking 5- and 7-step drops and sitting back there looking for his 2nd or 3rd receiver. Take the snap, look - if someone's open, throw it to them. If no one is open, throw the ball away. (assuming ZA is not mobile enough to scramble.)

I'm sure their coaching staff won't view this thread, so feel free to call the plays for Kirk and the offense.

Play 1 - Put Shannon Brooks on field — motion him as a decoy
Play 2 - Leave Shannon Brooks on field — run a play where he carries the ball or is an option to get the ball.
Plays 3-15 - Give Shannon some water, tell him to keep rowing, and feed him the ball in a variety of creative ways. (Didn’t he once throw for a TD or 2?)
Bottom Line: I selfishly hope this is 1 of the 4 he’s playing in.

Go Gophers

RUTM -2
Wildcat RUTM +1
Streak pass down the sideline over shot, incomplete.
Punt.

REPEAT...

RUTM, +2 yards!

RUTM, +3 yards

RUTM, +1 yard, 2nd and 9

Screen to I-BRA-HIM, +7 yards. Dragged down from behind. Limps off the field but appears to be OK. PJ slaps his helmet and adjusts his head set and tilts his head to the side. Crouches down, hands on his knees, looking at the field, as if this is the play of the season. 3rd and 2 at the Iowa 47.

This is like, so factually on point I almost face palmed and checked my
phone for my cousin from Sioux City to text me and rub it in my face.
...but realized it's only monday.

(note: I added an amendment to your post)

Last edited:

Makes sense but you do realize that PJ wants his defense on the sideline as long as possible. That’s why the Gophers take the full 25 seconds between plays. Several delay of game penalties so far. Has to be the reason, we certainly haven’t seen any thing surprising.

Makes sense but you do realize that PJ wants his defense on the sideline as long as possible. That’s why the Gophers take the full 25 seconds between plays. Several delay of game penalties so far. Has to be the reason, we certainly haven’t seen any thing surprising.

He didn't do that in the OOC games.

Quite the opposite, he had the offense rushing rather than eat clock.

Look at all these people with their failed plays!!!

I scored 15 TDs and some of these guy's can't get a 1st down.... clearly I know more than most of them!

1. Fumbled Snap...

Top Bottom