Say something nice about Iowa

I-O-W-A is the home of Maid-Rite and Pizza Ranch...two great American gastronomic institutions...

I-O-W-A is the home of Maid-Rite and Pizza Ranch...two great American gastronomic institutions...

Ah yes, the Maid-Rite. Been a while for me. I love their sandwiches and fries.

I like bacon. A lot.

For that, I thank the pig farmers of America

When they do that stupid I-----O-------W------A chant over and over, they actually spell it correctly. I know they are practicing it so they don't forget how to spell it, so I give them a little bit of a pass.

But for them to get all four letters correct on a routine basis is pretty impressive based on what you are dealing with.

I think this is a positive.

They have Broadway-level theatre in Des Moines...

#2Gopher said: "Ah yes, the Maid-Rite. Been a while for me. I love their sandwiches and fries."

If you don't know there's a Maid-Rite in Brainerd...so you can enjoy this midwest delicacy while still in the safe confines of M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A...

I have family there. I love my family. We go visit once a year, and here's the best part....

.....WE LEAVE!

It's easy to spell
It's less p.c. than Minnesota
Reiman Gardens
bacon
Norman Borlaug
That's more than one thing but is pretty much everything

#2Gopher said: "Ah yes, the Maid-Rite. Been a while for me. I love their sandwiches and fries."

If you don't know there's a Maid-Rite in Brainerd...so you can enjoy this midwest delicacy while still in the safe confines of M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A...

Good to know. I did not know that.

A number of years ago they finally raised the speed limit on their interstates from 65 to 70. So now it takes less time to get through the state than it used to, which is nice.

One more thought...

Pretty much all the major interstates traverse north-south or east-west...no need to figure out how using the hypotenuse route might save a few minutes...

Of course, there's the jog from Iowa City to Cedar Rapids but that's about it for the I-whatevers in I-O-W-A...

Life on a grid...what's not to love...?

It’s not IOWA!

Oh, wait..... never mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more thought...

Pretty much all the major interstates traverse north-south or east-west...no need to figure out how using the hypotenuse route might save a few minutes...

Of course, there's the jog from Iowa City to Cedar Rapids but that's about it for the I-whatevers in I-O-W-A...

Life on a grid...what's not to love...?

Best way to get to STL from Mpls, go down to Iowa City and then south from there. Mostly a 4-lane highway. They should make it an interstate all the way up from STL and through Mason City to I-35 !

I have one more nice thing to say. My brother went to Warburg in Waverly, Iowa. There’s a joint called “The Other Place” that has the most amazing pizza named the grinder. I’ve made the 3 hour drive a few times to get a grinder to go.

On Saturday I applied to the University of Iowa and it took me about 15 minutes to complete. I got an email on Monday saying that they accepted me so that was nice.

Iowa is somewhere I could see myself going but come this Saturday I will be cheering "Who hates Iowa" as loud as anywhere else would at TCF.

On Saturday I applied to the University of Iowa and it took me about 15 minutes to complete. I got an email on Monday saying that they accepted me so that was nice.

Iowa is somewhere I could see myself going but come this Saturday I will be cheering "Who hates Iowa" as loud as anywhere else would at TCF.

Is it still the case that they won't give any reciprocity to any kids in neighboring states? That was always a BS policy, IMO.

Is it still the case that they won't give any reciprocity to any kids in neighboring states? That was always a BS policy, IMO.

Yes, Iowa does not offer reciprocity. Minnesota doesn't offer it for Iowa residents either.

Depending where you are in the state, you're pretty close to some other states.

American Pickers are based in Iowa! That is all

That mine as well. I like those guys.

I also don't mind a good Pork Tenderloin sandwich, which Iowans say they made popular.

I won't mention how much the whole state stinks and that Lake Okoboji is the Atlantic City of lake areas.

You should set your sites a little higher... I hear Anoka-Ramsey Community College has some openings. Seriously, consider Iowa your fall back, if it is that easy to apply and get in, they are desperate to get students.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom