Say something nice about Iowa

Stan

Reaction score
I'll start. It's not wisconsin.

One day they'll make Brian Ferentz a head coach... I look forward to the whining.

I have noticed that if you drive into Iowa, if you keep going long enough, you'll come to the other end.

Des Moines actually is a pretty good foodie city. Lots of great places at all price points.

You can drive through the entire state on a single full tank of gas -- no need to stop and have to set a foot on their turf.

I've always had more fun in Iowa City than Madison.....IMO, Iowa City is the way more fun road trip.

The Children’s hospital wave.
Vodka Sam
Lois

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unlike Missouri, the people in Iowa don't have those weird pseudo-southern accents.

I used to go to a sports bar in Des Moines to watch Vikings games, and they had chili dogs for a buck.

There are some good looking girls in Iowa. That’s all I care about.

They are downstream from us. Lots of folks working here are from Iowa with ties to both Gophers and Hawkeyes. Many in Iowa are Vikings fans.

Iowa is the only word I can think of that has 3 vowels and one consonant!

Its flat so you get good gas mileage since you're not going up hill.

And I got a dog from Iowa. Great dog.

Is that including the tailgate experience? I would like to tailgate at both!

Absolutely. Wisconsin has a lot more bars to the pregame environment than Iowa does. Iowa has plenty of single tailgate options, as long as you're willing to get there early (or park a car the night before like we did).

Grant Wood painted American Gothic in Iowa.

Top Bottom