Iowa a three point favorite

swingman

Reaction score
Should be a good game...pretty even match-up.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

Gophers have won 3 of last 5 vs Iowa at TCF...one of losses was 14-7 in 2016, close game.

Last two in Iowa City were close as well...17-10 last year...40-35 in there 12-0 2015 season.

Iowa may be down a linebacker and a cornerback...special teams could favor Gophs...

Last edited:

I don't normally bet on sports, but I might make a exception here. I wonder if I bet the down payment on my house if my wife would be mad.

If sports betting was legal here, I’d bet a lot on Iowa

I like that's it's 3. The pros realize this team is more than just 2 players. The team will rally.

Scoresandodds.com have Iowa opening at a plus 5.

Iowa +5? Don't you mean Iowa -5?

If you're correct, I'm going to set up a Scoresandodds account immediately and wager on the Hawkeyes. Even if the Gophers won, I doubt it would be by more than 3 or 4....

Has moved to +6 Gophs. Guessing it will get to +7 midweek.

Honestly I like our chances in this game more than the games against high scoring offenses.

With Winfield out this game is just as winnable as Purdue and @nebraska.

Probably a 40% shot in all 3

It’s a consensus Iowa -7 at the moment. With 3 days until gameday it might move another point or so. 6.5 to 9.5 is a key middling area just like 3 to 5 is with the 4 point middle.

It’s a consensus Iowa -7 at the moment. With 3 days until gameday it might move another point or so. 6.5 to 9.5 is a key middling area just like 3 to 5 is with the 4 point middle.

Geez, -9.5? That would be bad, especially when the home team gets 3. That would mean Iowa basically at 2 TD favorite. Are they that good this year? In a rivalry game? Wow, kind of shocked.

After watching Herky vs Bucky all I know is that I-O-W-A will be starting men...Gophers unfortunately playing some very talented boys in the 2-deeps...

Not a slight to the good guys but we know that's where we want to be...starting 20-21 year old redshirt seniors and juniors.

Time will tell...

I don't bet, but if I did, it would be on Iowa.

Well, the last three years Iowa has won by 7, 7, and 5 (and that was the 12-0 Iowa team against a 5-7 Gopher team). Iowa is a clear favorite but I wouldn't be surprised if the game is in reach the entire time especially with Iowa's rather low scoring offense.

Honestly I like our chances in this game more than the games against high scoring offenses.

With Winfield out this game is just as winnable as Purdue and @nebraska.

Probably a 40% shot in all 3

I do agree with your point about Iowa. They run a pro scheme offensively, grind the clock down, score enough points to win and not much more.

Let's hope all the other intangibles, homecoming, trophy rivalry, week off, wanting to bounce back from terrible showing at Maryland, all work in our favor!

Spread holding firm at +7 for Gophers, with 90% of the spread money still on -7 Iowa.

Money line is +225 for Gophers win!

Spread holding firm at +7 for Gophers, with 90% of the spread money still on -7 Iowa.

Money line is +225 for Gophers win!

That's where it should be. Not sure why so much spread is coming in on Iowa.

I'm guessing a lot of people think Iowa will kick a$$? Not surprising considering they're coming off a game they should've won against a trendy preseason playoff pick, while MN is coming off what can only be described as a dumpster fire. I'm shocked Vegas hasn't adjusted that line even more to get more money on MN, but perhaps this is one of those cases where they know something we don't and are content to sit back and take the money guessing it'll be a closer game. Who knows.

Spread and Money lines holding firm still this morning. And still around 90/10 on spread money for Iowa. Money line money is 75/10 for Gophers ... guessing people just hoping to cash in on a nice payday with small-ish bets? Wild guess

It doesn't say the total amount of money placed (that I can see), just the percentage.

Gophers win 17-14. I'd put $500 bucks on it if I was confident and sure they'd win...but I'm not.

Did you watch the Maryland game? Iowa's OL and DL are better than Maryland's. The gophers will have to play almost flawlessly to win.

Curious to see what the weather will be like. Could have a huge impact on the game.

Top Bottom