Demry Croft - great game against Vanderbilt

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
Watching tape of first half: 11 of 14, 2 TDs, nice running at times, lots of poise. He could definitely be playing for the Gophers, at least sharing snaps. Nice touch on the ball.

Wish him well. Boat has moved on without him. No need to keep going backwards to people like him.

Vs Vandy: 22/31 for 269 71.0% 3 TD 0 INT

Nice game but vs mediocre at best Power 5 SEC team (still better than he ever did here). It reinforces that the supporting offensive staff in just about every facet was subpar last year, his 6 starts came vs some pretty good defenses, and he was at odds with the staff. He has an above average arm but made at least one mental mistake today (intentional grounding). Those are things experience can help. The weed issue (just repeating an unproven rumor)....

Yeah he’s gone but it’s still fun to see how these guys do. I think some get their panties twisted because they don’t like the implication the coaching staff ran off a potentially good player. The reality is PJ probably gave him at least a few chances and it was just an oil and water personality thing.

giphy.gif

I’m not sure why Annexstad is brought up in a thread about Demry. /s

If he continues to do well I say good for the young man. It didn’t work out here for a number of reasons on and off the field, at least partially due to his failure to RTB with proper vigor and enthusiasm.

Discussing ex-players can be triggering

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3ohs7HxCrQsQg37PGg" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/hulu-tv-show-3ohs7HxCrQsQg37PGg">via GIPHY</a></p>

Like you? Why are you posting this here? He gone. Not a Gopher. Wish him the best, but idgaf how he's doing.

Get over yourself. "Idgaf" about half of the stuff that's posted on here but I figure that someone might.

Croft didn't look bad when he had two good legs under him. He played pretty badly when he was playing on one good leg. Hope he continues to have a good season down in Tennessee.

Things don't look so good for Christian Abercrombie. He was the Tennessee State LB who was badly injured in that game. Like Croft, he was a Big Ten transfer. He played for the Illini last season. This report is from 8:43 this morning:

"The mother of Christion Abercrombie says the Tennessee State linebacker remains in critical condition following emergency surgery for a head injury after he collapsed on the sideline late in the first half against Vanderbilt on Saturday.

Abercrombie's mother, Staci, said in a statement from the university that "Christion is resting. He's fighting. We're trusting God and please continue to pray."

A TSU update Sunday said Abercrombie's condition was still listed as critical at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and that he was "surrounded by his family, teammates, the TSU family and members of the Vanderbilt community."

Tigers coach Rod Reed told The Tennessean on Saturday that he was not sure exactly how or when the Atlanta native was hurt before coming to the sideline late in the second quarter of a 31-27 loss to Vanderbilt.

"He came to the sideline and just kind of collapsed there," Reed said.

Abercrombie was given oxygen on the sideline, then taken away on a stretcher.

The linebacker redshirted at Illinois in 2016 and played 11 games in 2017 before transferring to Tennessee State. He came into Saturday's game as the Tigers' second-leading tackler and was credited with five tackles and a quarterback hurry before suffering the injury.

After the game ended, players from both teams joined Reed and Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason for a prayer for Abercrombie, his family and the Tigers.

"Football's what we do, not who we are," Mason said. "I know what it is to be a coach. I know what it is to have a player who's injured. At the end of the day, when serious injuries happen, football becomes secondary."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...stion-abercrombie-collapses-emergency-surgery

A reminder of how quickly things can go south. Hate to see that happen to anyone.

I yelled for years "IF YOU WANT TO WIN PUT DEMRY IN" so I am glad to see he is doing well. I watched a bunch of this. He made quick, decisive throws. Not always on target but he made them without hesitation. Was happy for him. No ill-will towards Demry. And I'll always remember sitting in the cold, dripping wet, @ Oregon St, and him sprinting 60+ yards down the field towards the Gophers fan section. Yes, it was in a blow out, but it was really exciting at the time. Away games are awesome.

Sad about Abercrombie. I hope he is OK. Curious if they ever know what happened.

Top Bottom