Fan Petition to Bring Back the Golden I

hello-world

Reaction score
We've lost our two best players, have a freshman RB and a really good fullback. Trot that look back out against Iowa for old times sake!

We have a fullback?

I mean, I know that he's listed as a tight-end, but Colton Beebe is definitely a fullback by nature.
Once Fleck's system is all the way in, we're not going to have a guy like him anymore, would be nice to see that look again while we're watching the rest of this season.

Last edited:

Always loved the I formation off-tackle play. Nothing elegant about it. Just plain and simple power football.

JTG

Iowa rushing stats with Golden I:

24 carries for 36 yards.

Does this require Mowins?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c_GvVMr7WWw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I despise the Golden I, All it does is plug up the hole where the ball carrier is supposed to go. Now, if you want to run a wide option out of that formation, you had me at option.

I despise the Golden I, All it does is plug up the hole where the ball carrier is supposed to go. Now, if you want to run a wide option out of that formation, you had me at option.

...and there is nothing more stupid than a "fan petition".

...and there is nothing more stupid than a "fan petition".

I don't know. One could argue that sitting on a sports forum and commenting on how stupid a posting is could be considered even more stupid that the original post.

Then my comment could be even more stupid. Your rebuttal more stupid yet. And so on.

Does someone pee in your Cheerios on a daily basis?

Does this require Mowins?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c_GvVMr7WWw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I miss David Cobb

If they were to run the formation, I would like to see a fake to the tailback and pass to the fullback on a wheel route out the backside. Tailback fake hand off the play action may work since we like to run up the middle so much.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

If they were to run the formation, I would like to see a fake to the tailback and pass to the fullback on a wheel route out the backside. Tailback fake hand off the play action may work since we like to run up the middle so much.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

This. Nobody covers the fullback. Let’s get the Green to Beebe connection going, as soon as next week.

I don't know. One could argue that sitting on a sports forum and commenting on how stupid a posting is could be considered even more stupid that the original post.

Then my comment could be even more stupid. Your rebuttal more stupid yet. And so on.

Does someone pee in your Cheerios on a daily basis?

...and yet, despite it all, there is nothing more stupid than a "fan petition".

For the Power 'golden' I to work, you need to have an offensive line. The point of the fullback is to hit the hole and clear
out the linebackers in the second level.....our offensive line couldn't create a hole for a scared mouse to get through..

The Golden I just never seemed to be overly effective. Outside of one or two big plays, I'd bet overall it averaged 2 yards a carry or so. Kill seemed to drop it before he left, for a reason.

Top Bottom