Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
    Share some of the substance for your optimism. For one thing, this team is incredibly boring. Is there someone who has a little life to them that I've missed?
    Of course! I think the farm system is becoming very well stocked with some promising talent from top to bottom, at least somewhat more so than in recent years. A few of the guys who disappointed this year could easily make a return to form; Sano, Buxton, Kepler. I like the possibilities that Tyler Austin could bring to the table as a DH. Polanco quietly had a really solid year after his suspension. Starting pitching could be solid next year with Gibson, Berrios, Pineda coming in...

I also think with the massive cap space they have that this front office will sign at least one, maybe two, fairly prominent impact free agents but we'll have to see on that.

Lastly, what can I say, I'm just a horrendously optimistic person, character flaw for sure. I think tomorrow will be better than today, next month better than this month, and next year better than this year. I'm guilty, sorry. Life would just be too dark and depressing if I thought otherwise.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Quote Originally Posted by Ogee Oglethorpe View Post
    Of course! I think the farm system is becoming very well stocked with some promising talent from top to bottom, at least somewhat more so than in recent years. A few of the guys who disappointed this year could easily make a return to form; Sano, Buxton, Kepler. I like the possibilities that Tyler Austin could bring to the table as a DH. Polanco quietly had a really solid year after his suspension. Starting pitching could be solid next year with Gibson, Berrios, Pineda coming in...

I also think with the massive cap space they have that this front office will sign at least one, maybe two, fairly prominent impact free agents but we'll have to see on that.

Lastly, what can I say, I'm just a horrendously optimistic person, character flaw for sure. I think tomorrow will be better than today, next month better than this month, and next year better than this year. I'm guilty, sorry. Life would just be too dark and depressing if I thought otherwise.
    A characteristic of baseball fans, for sure!
    Thanks for the ray of sunshine!

Hey, I still have tickets for Saturday and Sunday! Too Soon!

And, I just renewed my Season Tickets today! There is optimism for ya.

Keepers from current roster: Rosario, Kepler (give him one more year to show something), Polanco, Adrianza (utility infielder), Astudillo (utility, backup catcher), Garver, Austin. Cave is a backup plan if Buxton doesn't make it.

One more chance: Sano, Buxton. (see if they can stay healthy and give some production).

Waiting in the wings: Gordon, Lewis, Rooker, Kiriloff, Larnach

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    I'm officially old. I've never heard of any of these guys
    That means I'm old? Damn. I was going to chalk it up to not following the NL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Breakin' The Plane View Post
    Top free agent wish list (realistic)
    1. Patrick Corbin
    2. Yasmani Grandal
    3. Kelvin Herrera
    I agree with the categories. I would also like to bring Escobar back and target Adam Jones for the OF. They have about $55 million to spend. Not sure they can hit all of these areas, but most of them.

Blog Entries

Share some of the substance for your optimism. For one thing, this team is incredibly boring. Is there someone who has a little life to them that I've missed?
    Astudillo.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Astudillo.
    Almost worth it for the nickname alone; La Tortuga!

That's awesome.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ogee Oglethorpe View Post
    Almost worth it for the nickname alone; La Tortuga!

That's awesome.
    I haven't been watching full games much this month. Is he really that bad of a catcher or can he be the primary catcher? He can certainly hit. The games I have seen he seemed adequate.

I agree with the categories. I would also like to bring Escobar back and target Adam Jones for the OF. They have about $55 million to spend. Not sure they can hit all of these areas, but most of them.
    Love to have Escobar back too, provided he or Polanco can play 2nd. Awhile back, I wanted them to buy cheap on Josh Donaldson and have him and Sano man the corners, but I'm very comfortable going with Tyler Austin at first or DH.

Corbin his a lefty with a pretty decent strikeout rate. There's the worry of an NL pitcher struggling in the AL, but he's a guy on the rise.

That means I'm old? Damn. I was going to chalk it up to not following the NL.
    Old is when you can't remember that guy who missed a chunk of the season for performance enhancing substances, and you resort to calling him Poblano. Then you get confused at the grocery store.
    Old.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Breakin' The Plane View Post
    Love to have Escobar back too, provided he or Polanco can play 2nd. Awhile back, I wanted them to buy cheap on Josh Donaldson and have him and Sano man the corners, but I'm very comfortable going with Tyler Austin at first or DH.

Corbin his a lefty with a pretty decent strikeout rate. There's the worry of an NL pitcher struggling in the AL, but he's a guy on the rise.
    Escobar can play 2nd. No issue. Though my hope would be for Nick Gordon to grab 2B, Escobar to play 3B and Sano/Austin to split 1B/DH along with Kepler. Then an OF of Jones, Buxton, Rosario. But if Buxon continues to be injured/terrible, Jones to CF an Kepler to RF. Austudillo is a wild card. Can he be the primary catcher? A super utility player? Could he play 2nd if Gordon doesn't impress in ST? All i know is he can hit and he should be in there somewhere.

Blog Entries

Old is when you can't remember that guy who missed a chunk of the season for performance enhancing substances, and you resort to calling him Poblano. Then you get confused at the grocery store.
    Old.
    I hate the grocery store and do find it confusing, so usually order grocery delivery online. That makes me young, right?

Old.
    That made me laugh.