Week 5 Other Games Thread

Gaawwd almighty , Finenaum and Tebow on the SEC network.

There is no way the Gophers would get that 1 second back on the clock like Nebraska just did.

Battle of the Dakotas or whatever they call it has been very boring.

I’m not sure which is more surprising: Northwestern leading Michigan or the fact that the stadium looks packed to the brim, especially given their record. I’m sure most of it is Michigan fans, but still.

Last edited:

I’m not sure which is more surprising: Northwestern leading Mivhigan or the fact that the stadium looks packed to the brim, especially given their record. I’m sure most of it is Michigan fans, but still.

I'm for sure rooting for Purdue and NW but both look like they will destroy the Gophers later this season.

I'm for sure rooting for Purdue and NW but both look like they will destroy the Gophers later this season.

Sadly the Gophers might be lucky to win one more game the rest of the year.

Sadly the Gophers might be lucky to win one more game the rest of the year.

I'm not sure what you are looking at. Nebraska looks absolutely horrible. And considering how some of these other Big Ten teams have looked this year......if you swapped schedules and outcomes with the Gophers so far.....you'd be saying the same thing regardless. I still see two "should wins"....three "toss ups".....two "underdogs"......and one "hailmary underdog". I'd be very disappointed with no bowl invite this year.

I'm not sure what you are looking at. Nebraska looks absolutely horrible. And considering how some of these other Big Ten teams have looked this year......if you swapped schedules and outcomes with the Gophers so far.....you'd be saying the same thing regardless. I still see two "should wins"....three "toss ups".....two "underdogs"......and one "hailmary underdog". I'd be very disappointed with no bowl invite this year.

I don't know. 3 is going to be hard. Nebraska and Illinois look like a decent shot, but the rest are sketchy...

Even Mat Millen guessing Brohm will be gone soon. Purdue fans must love the talk.

Fans and coaches aren't Nebraska nice today.

Nebraska should try defending someone.

Better for us that Michigan wins. Less Big Ten wins on the West side is good.

Stanford/ND and Ohio State/PSU have the feel of heavyweight fights. Great atmospheres.

I'm for sure rooting for Purdue and NW but both look like they will destroy the Gophers later this season.[/QUOT

The games are here and it could be freezing for both games so who knows. I have the faith.

NW is lucky to not be 0-4.

They lost to Akron.

Got killed by Duke.

Northwestern had 78 yards on their final nine drives before the prevent defense drive after getting off to a good start on first three drives.

Now face MSU...get Nebraska and Rutgers...then Wisconsin, Notre Dame, and At Iowa before traveling here in mid-November. Brooks back by then?

They likely will struggle to get bowl eligible.

Best back retired due to injury this week. No WRs to fear. No star super back this year. One of the good linebackers left injured in first half. Thorson may not be around come mid-November.

They hate the run-pass option.

Northwestern is a very good Gopher win opportunity.

Last edited:

I don't know. 3 is going to be hard. Nebraska and Illinois look like a decent shot, but the rest are sketchy...

I see five winnable games. Five teams that are just like the Gophers with questionable losses on their records so far. And calling Nebraska and Illinois "decent shots" is being very cautious. Neither has looked even slightly good.

I see five winnable games. Five teams that are just like the Gophers with questionable losses on their records so far. And calling Nebraska and Illinois "decent shots" is being very cautious. Neither has looked even slightly good.

If the Gophers cannot get pressure on Martinez at Lincoln, I fear what he could do...

Do you suppose OSU fans are blaming Haskins or the receivers.

Iowa is winnable. Nebraska and Illinois should be wins. Indiana, Purdue and NW all have issues, we get all three here. Indiana barely got by Rutgers. Purdue lost to EMU. 9-3 is very much on the table. Wisconsin has issues.

Annexstad is better than he looked last week on bad leg...look to see Bateman, AutmanBell, Douglas getting better every week. Frosh running backs will get better every week, I hope...Brooks may help in November.

Oline cane be better than it looked last week...a legitimate QB run threat would keep opposing dline more honest, help our oline look better...some more/better presnap motion would help our oline out...QB under center once in a while with some play action might help...some creative counter, reverse looks might slow defensive aggressiveness, might help oline...more two tight end and/or two rb looks would help our oline out. Rotating in Dovich, Oseland might help? Rotating in Faalele or Dunlap might help?

The Seth Green package, tight ends, fullback can be utilized better.

Kiondre makes the cb unit better. Hope he is rowing. Durr makes our cb unit look better, hope he is healthy and rowing. Williamson was supposed to help our cb unit. Hope he is healthy, rowing. Estes was supposed to help our cb unit. Hope he is healthy, rowing.

They need to coach the safety unit up in a hurry. Get Howden up to speed? Trust Swenson with more reps? Sapp emerges? Move Shenault to safety?

Front seven run defense needs to be adjusted, coached up, something.

Pass rush needs to be adjusted, coached up, something.

Punter and kicker are solid.

NW is lucky to not be 0-4.

They lost to Akron.

Got killed by Duke.

Northwestern had 78 yards on their final nine drives before the prevent defense drive after getting off to a good start on first three drives.

Now face MSU...get Nebraska and Rutgers...then Wisconsin, Notre Dame, and At Iowa before traveling here in mid-November. Brooks back by then?

They likely will struggle to get bowl eligible.

Best back retired due to injury this week. No WRs to fear. No star super back this year. One of the good linebackers left injured in first half. Thorson may not be around come mid-November.

They hate the run-pass option.

Northwestern is a very good Gopher win opportunity.

I turned this one on when NW was up 17-3 and Thorson is not able to handle pressure or move (kind of like injured Annexstad).
I was feeling a lot more optimism for the Gophs in the Big Ten before ZA, the OLine, and defense were roughed up in Maryland. Can they bounce back a week from now?

PSU dominating Ohio State early. Would love to be in the locker room at half time.

The Minnesota State University Dragons defeated Upper IOWA today!

Iowa is winnable. Nebraska and Illinois should be wins. Indiana, Purdue and NW all have issues, we get all three here. Indiana barely got by Rutgers. Purdue lost to EMU. 9-3 is very much on the table. Wisconsin has issues.

Annexstad is better than he looked last week on bad leg...look to see Bateman, AutmanBell, Douglas getting better every week. Frosh running backs will get better every week, I hope...Brooks may help in November.

Oline cane be better than it looked last week...a legitimate QB run threat would keep opposing dline more honest, help our oline look better...some more/better presnap motion would help our oline out...QB under center once in a while with some play action might help...some creative counter, reverse looks might slow defensive aggressiveness, might help oline...more two tight end and/or two rb looks would help our oline out. Rotating in Dovich, Oseland might help? Rotating in Faalele or Dunlap might help?

The Seth Green package, tight ends, fullback can be utilized better.

Kiondre makes the cb unit better. Hope he is rowing. Durr makes our cb unit look better, hope he is healthy and rowing. Williamson was supposed to help our cb unit. Hope he is healthy, rowing. Estes was supposed to help our cb unit. Hope he is healthy, rowing.

They need to coach the safety unit up in a hurry. Get Howden up to speed? Trust Swenson with more reps? Sapp emerges? Move Shenault to safety?

Front seven run defense needs to be adjusted, coached up, something.

Pass rush needs to be adjusted, coached up, something.

Punter and kicker are solid.

You answered my earlier question to you with this thread. I like your optimism! It can be done with good coaching and it would be very fun to have a beer after a homecoming win next week.

Top Bottom