Week 5 Other Games Thread

I'd run McSorley again. It's been money all night.

Odd play choice. Pretty anti-climactic.

That was dumb. I didn’t like the pass on 2nd down either. Get to the field goal line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember when you've got Trace McSorley as your QB and the game is on the line..... take the ball out of his hands....

Got to hand it to McSorley, that guy is a primo gamer. The PennState defense showed up and played out of their minds, especially the front seven.

Franklin made some dumb choices, like not taking the FG points and that last play call was almost incomprehensible. Ohio State’s players were outclassed in some respects tonight but Urban and crew got it done in the second half.

James Franklin probably would've had Vince Young hand the ball off.

Switching over to the PAC 12, Oregon just took a 14-10 lead over Cal.

Penn St racked up nearly 300 yards in the first half but scored just 13 points. Needed to get more points than that.

So Cal was driving down the field, looked like they might score before the end of the half and pick up a little momentum... then boom, fumble, Oregon scoops it and takes it to the house.

A little bit of life for Cal with a TD score, but probably too little, too late. Oregon up 35-24.

Oregon basically just finished Cal off with a pick six. Meanwhile Zona is trying to rally late vs USC, down 24-14.

I was up at 4 am Saturday to drive up to Bemidji to hunt grouse for 6 hours and then drive back home (taking advantage of the bye week).... turned OFF the OSU - PSU game fairly late into the 4th quarter..... couldn't keep my eyes open. Lessons learned. Shocked that OSU came back.

Big Ten East, every single team except Rutgers is either 3-1 or 4-1. I guess that's to be expected this early in the season, but still. Will be interesting to see what Maryland can do with Michigan. I don't think NW will be able to play as well against Mich St as they did last night, but we'll see. And then Indiana will probably lose to Ohio St.

Got to hand it to McSorley, that guy is a primo gamer. The PennState defense showed up and played out of their minds, especially the front seven.

Franklin made some dumb choices, like not taking the FG points and that last play call was almost incomprehensible. Ohio State’s players were outclassed in some respects tonight but Urban and crew got it done in the second half.

I turned the channel after Penn State went up by 12 figuring it was over and I was yet again wrong. I think both you and I questioned Franklin's decision not to attempt a 40-yard field goal and I wonder if he's thinking the same thing today. I'm old and I fail to understand the need to make statements instead of taking a legitimate shot at points.

Top Bottom