Week 5 Other Games Thread

I turned this one on when NW was up 17-3 and Thorson is not able to handle pressure or move (kind of like injured Annexstad).
I was feeling a lot more optimism for the Gophs in the Big Ten before ZA, the OLine, and defense were roughed up in Maryland. Can they bounce back a week from now?

If Purdue can bounce back from 0-3 start in three home games, including a bad EMU loss, to beat BC and trounce Nebraska in Lincoln, Gophers can bounce back. Ciarrocca is a great QB developer and can get ZA (and/or Seth/Tanner sorted out), Callahan is a great oline coach and can straighten out some issues, Smith is a coordinator that has had great college defenses, has been in the NFL, almost went back to the NFL. Rossi was a coordinator. They can figure out some things on defense.

LET'S GO WASHINGTON! LET'S GO PSU!

My cousin is from the Philly area and goes to PSU. He's majoring in sporting broadcasting or something like that. I always text with him during the Penn State games. Luck dog is in the press box for every home game as part of his internship.

Frost threw his whole team under the bus today. Great coach!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Frost threw his whole team under the bus today. Great coach!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wow that was some emotion in his post game press conference. He looks beat. And like he's going to throw about 20 guys off the team this week. He missed his compatriots in his division when he said he didn't know any other team that only had freshmen qb's...

OSU vs PSU is living up to the hype. This is a good battle.

Quite a sequence of events just now. Huge catch for PSU, the wide receiver gets knocked out cold, OSU gets a penalty, PSU drives and gets into the endzone.

Odd targeting call, but it is what it is. I didn't think the PSU guy got hit in the head, although it's obvious he did.

I think it's one of those situations where all the players in the area were just trying to make a play and just because of the speed they were moving, it resulted in a big collision. Questionable call by the refs, but I figured they would throw some flags after seeing the Penn State receiver get injured.

Sadly the Gophers might be lucky to win one more game the rest of the year.

It just depends. If they play like they played against Maryland ... then this is correct. Nebraska will be the best chance for a win, the rest of the year.

I'm just damn hopeful that they'll show up a heck of a lot better than that, the rest of the year.

Trace Mcsorley’s skills probably won’t translate to the next level but the kid makes plays. Penn State was mired in mediocrity until he came along.

OSU vs PSU is living up to the hype. This is a good battle.

I watched some of the Mich./NW,; Purdue/Nebraska; Ohio/Penn,State. Sorry to say, I didn’t see one team that the Gophers can beat. So depressing. After watching to other Big10 teams play defense, not sure we have the best schemes. And yes, I understand that we have only had 2 recruiting classes to fit our schemes and yes I am aware of all our injuries. Never the less, our bend but don’t break defense leaves a lot to be desired.

I think the NCAA's sanctions probably had a little to do with them being mediocre.

Yes I agree but the change in QB play from the former tall pocket passer to the dynamic McSorley is when Franklin’s job became safe. I think we first saw his “it” factor against our Gophers.

The West only won 8 of the 22 crossover Big Ten games last year. They might only win 5 or 6 this season. The East is light years better now.

Going to be a hell of a finish in this one. I can't say who is going to win...

Wow, how quickly the field position can change.

Wow. I thought Ohio St was done when down 12, but they are coming back hard.

This one is coming down to the wire. What a game.

Well there is some talent on that OSU team. I can't see Penn St coming back, but I'll watch anyway.

Ohio State takes the lead. What a game.

I can't see Penn St coming back, but I'll watch anyway.

McSorley might still have a miracle.

This would be the spot to intercept the two point play and return it all the way. Penn St would then be leading...

I have a feeling Ohio St may score 60+ on us

Top Bottom