Marcus: Good guess on starting 5: Washington, McBrayer, Coffey, Murphy and Oturu

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

STARTING FIVE?

A good guess at the starters based on the first practice Tuesday would be Washington, McBrayer, Coffey, Murphy and Oturu, because they all wore maroon during the scrimmage. In gold jerseys were Michael Hurt, Marcus Carr, Payton Willis and Stockman. Omersa and Kalscheur (also Washington since the team has only one true point guard) wore both maroon and gold in the scrimmage. Curry wore a maroon jersey, but he was out with a calf strain.

http://www.startribune.com/early-go...-basketball-practice-of-the-season/494422791/

Go Gophers!!

I don't know if Oturu stays on the top 5 if Curry is healthy, but if he looks good then yes.

Its refreshingly simple this year in this moment!

Seems pretty apparent the only question in terms of the starting lineup is Oturu or Curry. Other 4 are very obvious. Might depend on who's healthier on Nov. 6? Either guy coming off the bench is a good situation to have.

I concur. If Curry is 100% healthy, he starts. No question. but if Curry and Oturu are both nursing injuries in the early part of the season, things get dicey.

If Stockman can just stand in the middle of the lane and look tall, I would rather have him out there as opposed to playing Murphy in the post.

And I know Michael Hurt doesn't have a lot of fans on here, but he could be a key to the season if he can just give them 10 mostly productive minutes a game. (of course, if he's just running around the perimeter and doing nothing, that's another story).

I concur. If Curry is 100% healthy, he starts. No question. but if Curry and Oturu are both nursing injuries in the early part of the season, things get dicey.

If Stockman can just stand in the middle of the lane and look tall, I would rather have him out there as opposed to playing Murphy in the post.

And I know Michael Hurt doesn't have a lot of fans on here, but he could be a key to the season if he can just give them 10 mostly productive minutes a game. (of course, if he's just running around the perimeter and doing nothing, that's another story).

I still think Hurt has potential to contribute. He needs to get confident in his shot and not be afraid to shoot open 3's. Too often he's been passive

I still think Hurt has potential to contribute. He needs to get confident in his shot and not be afraid to shoot open 3's. Too often he's been passive

Sadly, I don't think this is ever going to change. Mike just seems gun shy and he plays more to not make a mistake.

I heard he has been defending the 4 position very well in practice!

Oturu is a beast. There is definitely a chance he starts over a healthy Curry.

Good guess at the starting 5 but I expect a lot of rotation. We have depth this year we missed last year.

Top Bottom