Kelly Bryant Transferring (QB Clemson)

I hear you - it just depends on your situation and how important your team is to you. If I was in his shoes I really don't know which choice I'd make.

I'd be gone. It also depends on how important you are to your team.

Only a fool would stay at a school if he has been passed over by a college coaching staff if he has pro QB ambitions. Dabo should be congratulated on being a stand-up guy. The ******bag coach at Alabama has deliberately mislead his #2 QB on his chances of being a starter with the sole selfish intention of keeping him from transferring.

Fleck should be reaching out to him ASAP. He'd be a nice addition.

I'd take him for next year too, but I wouldn't guarantee him the job. I'm not sure he'd be ok with that answer though.

The cycle is endless. You take Bryant and then Annexstad leaves and then the guy at the school where Annexstad transfers to leaves....

PJ has stated he’s not looking at grad transfers at QB in particular as that person could be the Typhoid Mary into his carefully constructed RTB leadership culture. He did take a big chance on the JUCO and it didn’t work out and he was gone in a matter of months.

PJ has stated he’s not looking at grad transfers at QB in particular as that person could be the Typhoid Mary into his carefully constructed RTB leadership culture. He did take a big chance on the JUCO and it didn’t work out and he was gone in a matter of months.

You could be correct. But, from what I have read this guy does not sound like trouble, he just got replaced by a younger more talented guy. I also don't think that VV was trouble, he was also outperformed by younger guys, saw the writing and left. I would give this guy a chance, I also think that Sweeney did a pretty good job of handling a touchy situation.

Nope. By NCAA standards the Gophers run an offensive style under Fleck that’s close to an NFL scheme. As opposed to read option schemes, Air Raid schemes, triple option schemes, and such that comprise at least half the NCAA offenses. They still run it more than he would probably ideally like, but both his teams at Western as well as his team here want to establish a pro-style QB, roughly 60/40 pass/run split which fits with the modern NFL.

I hope this is wrong. If NCAA standard means the chuck n duck out of shotgun, 60 times a game .... then talk about a piss-poor standard of football.

Fleck should be reaching out to him ASAP. He'd be a nice addition.

Bryant will look to go somewhere that has a good team but is missing a QB. Similar to what Wilson did awhile back when he transferred to WI.

I believe it's more likely we'll have snow on the ground for the Iowa game than to have this guy play QB for us.

You could be correct. But, from what I have read this guy does not sound like trouble, he just got replaced by a younger more talented guy. I also don't think that VV was trouble, he was also outperformed by younger guys, saw the writing and left. I would give this guy a chance, I also think that Sweeney did a pretty good job of handling a touchy situation.

I’m simply relaying what PJ said on the radio show. It’s not going to happen.

PJ should give him a call and if he has any interest give him the full court press. We have the receivers, running backs and schedule to make this kid look legit before the NFL draft.

PJ should give him a call and if he has any interest give him the full court press. We have the receivers, running backs and schedule to make this kid look legit before the NFL draft.

And we wouldn't be upset with a 16-2 record...

Only a fool would stay at a school if he has been passed over by a college coaching staff if he has pro QB ambitions. Dabo should be congratulated on being a stand-up guy. The ******bag coach at Alabama has deliberately mislead his #2 QB on his chances of being a starter with the sole selfish intention of keeping him from transferring.

I understand feeling that way if you always think the individual is more important than the team. I thought football was the ultimate team sport. If Alabama's Hawaiian wonder child QB gets hurt this season, it won't look like a ******-bag move it will look like simple foresight and putting the well being of all 100+ players and their season first, which should be the coaches job. If guys can make it to the NFL from DII and DIII programs then they can make it to the NFL from a backup position on a top 10 P5 team. Plenty of post season skill camps, etc.. to make your case as a QB.

If he shows any interest in MN, you jump

I doubt he will so it's not really worth posting about

Can’t wait until Big Ten gets out of the Detroit Bowl.

Made sense when sending our bottom bowl team to play MAC champ, when that was a thing. Zero sense now. Cut ties

Detroit is a cool city.

I'm sure it is. So is, believe it or not, Milwaukee. Very impressed with the redevelopment of their lakefront area, downtown (new towers), new NBA arena, UW-Milwaukee area, that warehouse shopping/eating area south of downtown, etc.

Sure as heck does not mean the Big Ten needs a bowl game at Miller Park in December!

I understand feeling that way if you always think the individual is more important than the team. I thought football was the ultimate team sport. If Alabama's Hawaiian wonder child QB gets hurt this season, it won't look like a ******-bag move it will look like simple foresight and putting the well being of all 100+ players and their season first, which should be the coaches job. If guys can make it to the NFL from DII and DIII programs then they can make it to the NFL from a backup position on a top 10 P5 team. Plenty of post season skill camps, etc.. to make your case as a QB.

football is the ultimate team sport...when you're playing for your local public high school. Once you're playing for millionaire coaches and in front of 80,000 fans and you have pro aspirations at the one position on the field where only one guy gets to play... well then it ain't so much about the team first second and last anymore

I'm sure it is. So is, believe it or not, Milwaukee. Very impressed with the redevelopment of their lakefront area, downtown (new towers), new NBA arena, UW-Milwaukee area, that warehouse shopping/eating area south of downtown, etc.

Sure as heck does not mean the Big Ten needs a bowl game at Miller Park in December!

Outside of the lakefront areas of Milwaukee, the city is a sh!thole.

Outside of the lakefront areas of Milwaukee, the city is a sh!thole.

I know it has its share (maybe more than its share) of poverty and crime, in areas. Friends live in Wauwatosa, which is like what we'd call a "first ring suburb" here. I would guess similar to St Louis Park/Edina, something like that. Very close to Milwaukee. And it seems like a nice enough place to live.

Everyone I know that is from Milwaukee says it's still a dump, which is why they all move to Minnesota.

Everyone I know that is from Milwaukee says it's still a dump, which is why they all move to Minnesota.

Fair enough! I saw what I saw, and my opinion (of the lakefront areas) remains as is. I did not visit most districts within the city proper. I'm sure there are bad ones, maybe the majority of them.

Fair enough! I saw what I saw, and my opinion (of the lakefront areas) remains as is. I did not visit most districts within the city proper. I'm sure there are bad ones, maybe the majority of them.

The other funny thing about people from Milwaukee (or maybe Wisconsin in general) - huge Packer and Badger fans even after they move to Minnesota. But they all become Twins and Twolves fans.

The other funny thing about people from Milwaukee (or maybe Wisconsin in general) - huge Packer and Badger fans even after they move to Minnesota. But they all become Twins and Twolves fans.

Are they masochists or something?

Top Bottom