Richard Pitino on first day of practice

EG#9

Reaction score
Daniel and Eric are still limited, Eric has a calf strain that will keep him out a couple weeks.

Ongoing process with the Marcus Carr waiver, it hasn't been decided yet.

Someone asked about "Gabe and Travis" which puzzled Pitino and he asked "do we have a Travis on the team?" Questioner meant Jarvis...

Pitino like his guys, thinks they are hungry and excited.

Washington's offseason has been good, has shown growth on the court. It's a matter of the fundamentals of the game with him, think he's progressing and was really good over the Summer.

Brock not in shape yet (not a surprise, will take time). He's played for a long time, really good passer and shot maker.

Thinks the program is really, really strong, likes where it's going thinks it's in great shape

Anytime you can add a guy like Rob Jeter who has great experience, has won in this league, been a head coach for 11 years.

Kyle Lindsted is as aggressive a recruiter as he's seen loves it, lives it sleeps it.

Thinks they have good depth, trying to build as strong of a program as he can and thinks they are really strong.

Daniel and Eric are still limited, Eric has a calf strain that will keep him out a couple weeks.

Ongoing process with the Marcus Carr waiver, it hasn't been decided yet.

https://youtu.be/xQ6XKewWiVM
Is it normal for someone who sat out a year to already have a calf strain? Thought that they were bringing him back slowly? Hope that I am worried about nothing, but if he can have a healthy year-in my eyes he is the Xfactor this year.

I was already excited about Oturu being able to contribute day 1. Now I’m feeling more like Jarvis and Gabe will also be able to give us some quality backup minutes as freshmen. They obviously will have a lot to learn, but Gabe’s size, physical maturity, defensive tenacity and shooting stroke should allow him to see the court a bit. Jarvis’s raw athleticism alone should allow him to see the court unless we completely avoid the injury bug, Hurt progresses nicely, and Stockman surprises most of us who aren’t expecting much. As much as last year was a huge bummer, the future looks bright. I can’t wait for the season to begin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it normal for someone who sat out a year to already have a calf strain? Thought that they were bringing him back slowly? Hope that I am worried about nothing, but if he can have a healthy year-in my eyes he is the Xfactor this year.

Not unusual to suffer injuries away from the area you are recovering from as you compensate for weakness either real or perceived.

Not unusual to suffer injuries away from the area you are recovering from as you compensate for weakness either real or perceived.

+1. Was going to make the same comment. He’ll be fine. No reason to rush him back now.

Top Bottom