Kiondre Thomas didn't make trip to Maryland due to a violation of team rules.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Inevitably, every coach has kids make mistakes no matter the rules and expectations they set. Yet, some of PJs greatest disciples thought kids wouldn’t break rules for PJ. Glad he’s following through and holding kids accountable, just as I expected he would, and just as Claeys, Kill, and Mason did.

Notice I am not including one recent, former coach people have been comparing PJ too. Though I don’t like PJs approach, I don’t think that comparison is valid when it comes to how they work day to day with players and staff.

I didn’t expect him to avoid player missteps because he communicates expectations. He will have kids screw up. All coaches do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also wondered where Coney Durr was Saturday. He played really well against Fresno State; he seemed to play sparingly the following week, but not much. I don't remember seeing him at all against Maryland. I admit I don't look on every play, and you can't always tell on TV. Is he hurt?

He took that really bad hit and was slow getting up. I bet it is injury related. It is best to keep him home with the Bye Week next week.

I wish they had the luxury of not playing Annexstad against Maryland, but he really need to get the taste of B1G game speed quickly.

Inevitably, every coach has kids make mistakes no matter the rules and expectations they set. Yet, some of PJs greatest disciples thought kids wouldn’t break rules for PJ. Glad he’s following through and holding kids accountable, just as I expected he would, and just as Claeys, Kill, and Mason did.

Notice I am not including one recent, former coach people have been comparing PJ too. Though I don’t like PJs approach, I don’t think that comparison is valid when it comes to how they work day to day with players and staff.

I didn’t expect him to avoid player missteps because he communicates expectations. He will have kids screw up. All coaches do.

Yikes. This post is all over the place. Not your best work, even by your standards.

Yikes. This post is all over the place. Not your best work, even by your standards.

Since you are struggling, I will help you out and give you a bulleted list.

- a few strong PJ supporters asserted that PJ will have no problems with students because he communicates clear expectations
- every coach, no matter the expectations they espouse, will have players who screw up
- it's not Fleck's fault the kid screwed up (whatever that may have been)
- glad he held him accountable, just as I expected he would and as past coaches have other than Brewster (thought I would help you out by using his name since you maybe struggled to infer that from the previous message)
- I think it's dumb that in another thread people are comparing PJ and Brewster as I think there is no comparison in how they work with players and staff (spell it out for you if you cannot infer it, I think PJ does this much better than Brewster)

Hope you can follow that better.

- a few strong PJ supporters asserted that PJ will have no problems with students because he communicates clear expectations
- every coach, no matter the expectations they espouse, will have players who screw up
- glad he held him accountable, just as I expected he would and as past coaches have other than Brewster (thought I would help you out by using his name since you maybe struggled to infer that from the previous message)
- I think it's dumb that in another thread people are comparing PJ and Brewster as I think there is no comparison in how they work with players and staff (spell it out for you if you cannot infer it, I think PJ does this much better than Brewster)

1. Who said PJ won't have problems with players?
2. I agree. There will always be issues, but what you do to prevent them and how you handle them when they happen is what you get measured on.
3. Always hard to know not knowing the full details, but student generally has to take care of themselves. Coach sets the environment the best they can.
4. I agree Brewster probably had a different camp. Kill held players accountable.
5. I agree.

1. Who said PJ won't have problems with players?

I don't have names, but there were definitely a couple of people that implied PJ's "culture" would fix all disciplinary problems. It was probably the same people that assumed Claeys created some sort of culture where misbehavior was encouraged.

I also wondered where Coney Durr was Saturday. He played really well against Fresno State; he seemed to play sparingly the following week, but not much. I don't remember seeing him at all against Maryland. I admit I don't look on every play, and you can't always tell on TV. Is he hurt?

If you go to the gophersports.com football schedule, you can click on "Box Score" for each game, and at the top there is a tab called "participation". That will tell you if a player was in the game (even if not recording any stats).

https://gophersports.com/boxscore.aspx?id=2022&path=football

Durr got in there at some point, but maybe only special teams. No defensive stats.

He started as the 5th DB for the NM St game. Agree I wonder why Howden was given the chance over Durr, or Williamson for that matter (might still be hurt).

If you go to the gophersports.com football schedule, you can click on "Box Score" for each game, and at the top there is a tab called "participation". That will tell you if a player was in the game (even if not recording any stats).

Durr got in there at some point, but maybe only special teams. No defensive stats.

He started as the 5th DB for the NM St game. Agree I wonder why Howden was given the chance over Durr, or Williamson for that matter (might still be hurt).

Given that Howden is a safety and Durr/Williamson are corners, it’s pretty easy to figure out how he got in there. Why he played over Benny Sappnis probably the better question.

Given that Howden is a safety and Durr/Williamson are corners, it’s pretty easy to figure out how he got in there. Why he played over Benny Sappnis probably the better question.

Sappnis is my favorite Gopher.

Sapp didn't make the trip to Maryland.

Very few people on our defense seemed to want to tackle, maybe he played the whole game and no one noticed because like others on the D he didn't do anything.

Trust me, your opinions and thoughts on the staff are immediately apparent to even the most causal of observers, even before you kept digging with this latest piece.

Trust me, your opinions and thoughts on the staff are immediately apparent to even the most causal of observers, even before you kept digging with this latest piece.

It’s funny how you struggle so much because I simply don’t like PJs approach. You can’t even see that this post was not being critical of PJ in any way. Oh well, continue your crusade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But how do you know??

GS.com roster only lists them as DB. Our depth chart only shows DB. And when you look at the heights & weights of our guys, they're all roughly the same (5-11/6-0, 190ish, with small variation). Now please believe I know there is a pretty big difference between being a corner and a safety, especially depending on the scheme and the D play call. But it's not impossible to switch ...

I heard Durr's name once or twice on the radio, but I was half listening as I was driving and it was already bad, so not sure if it was a tackle, missed tackle, penalty, special teams...

Top Bottom