No excuses

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
Smith is hurt, Winfield is hurt, it happens. One man does not make a team. We’ll find out what these young men are made off. Fleck is building depth. There is talent on this team. No reason they can’t win without Smith and Winfield. Guys have to step up on D. The guys have to play their best and never quit, no matter what, keep coming.

There are bright spots left in this season. Who will fill Winfield’s leadership, spirit, and confidence void? Somebody has to. Guys have to step up. The fan base may be a little demoralized, but I can promise and guarantee you PJ Fleck is not. You will see enthusiasm and great effort vs Iowa!

The fans jobs are to show up and make it a great atmosphere. The Gophers can beat Iowa, and they’ll have a good chance with a sellout crowd and great atmosphere! Just wish it was a little later in the day, or a night game.

Row Gophers, Row! There’s a lot of season left and these players and coaches deserve enthusiasm and support from their fan base.

Go Gophers! Ski U Mah! Row the Boat!
[emoji1342]*♀️ [emoji571][emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Smith is hurt, Winfield is hurt, it happens. One man does not make a team. We’ll we what these young men are made off. Fleck is building depth. Their is talent on this team. No reason they can’t win without Smith and a Winfield. Guys have to step up on D. The guys have to play their best and never quit, no matter what, keep coming.

Their are bright spots left in this season. Who will fill Winfield’s leadership, spirit, and confidence void? Somebody has to. Guys have to step up. The fan base may be a little demoralized, but I can promise and guarantee you PJ Fleck is not. You will see enthusiasm and great effort vs Iowa!

The fans jobs are to show up and make it a great atmosphere. The Gophers can beat Iowa, and they’ll have a good chance with a sellout crowd and great atmosphere! Just wish it was a little later in the day, or a night game.

Row Gophers, Row! There’s a lot of season left and these players and coaches deserve enthusiasm and support from their fan base.

Go Gophers! Ski U Mah! Row the Boat!
[emoji1342]*♀️ [emoji571][emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️[emoji1342]*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might sell out with the help of too many Iowa fans. Mn "fans" usually jump ship right about now.

Smith is hurt, Winfield is hurt, it happens. One man does not make a team. We’ll find out what these young men are made off.

Very true, it happens. One man doesn't make the team, but you are lying to yourself if losing Brooks, Smith, and Winfield doesn't hurt us. It doesn't matter the spirit, desire, and leadership the Ibrahim and Williams play with - they are not Rodney Smith or Shannon Brooks right now.

Very true, it happens. One man doesn't make the team, but you are lying to yourself if losing Brooks, Smith, and Winfield doesn't hurt us. It doesn't matter the spirit, desire, and leadership the Ibrahim and Williams play with - they are not Rodney Smith or Shannon Brooks right now.
I'm more concerned about Winfield, he allows to do so much in coverage, be losing him is about bad as when Al Nolan went down his senior year in hoops. Behind him you have walkons and freshman who aren't ready yet, time to grow up.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm more concerned about Winfield, he allows to do so much in coverage, be losing him is about bad as when Al Nolan went down his senior year in hoops. Behind him you have walkons and freshman who aren't ready yet, time to grow up.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I agree 100% - it is probably more concerning that I couldn't even think of Winfield's backup off the top of my head!

Yeah, it hurts losing good players. but they're not going to cancel the season.

The Gophers will not be the same team - they have to become a different team. And that is on the coaches to evaluate the remaining personnel, and come up with a scheme that gives them the best chance of winning - or at least, the best chance of competing.

You look at a player - what he does well, what he doesn't do well, and then you try to put him in a situation that maximizes his strengths and minimizes his weaknesses. Hopefully, you can do that without coming up with an entirely new offense or defense. But, in a worst-case scenario, you may have to change some schemes if you simply don't have players who can execute those schemes.

In all honesty, I don't know how many games this team can win the rest of the way. I hope they can squeak out 3 more wins and make it to a bowl game.
But, 1st and foremost, I just want to see them compete. I want to see a team that looks like it's trying as hard as it can.

That is partially up to the players, but a lot of it rests on the coaches.

In the game of college football.... there's a whole lot of examples of one man making a team.

Exactly. Maybe people should ask Maryland how it was to be without their 2 starting tackles and running back in the game against Temple.

Exactly. Maybe people should ask Maryland how it was to be without their 2 starting tackles and running back in the game against Temple.

Yeah, unless you're one of the tip top teams, most teams are critical injuries away from having their competitiveness drop dramatically. It is the nature of CFB with how wildly the talent varies.

I would say stack the box and make the QB beat you, but we saw last year the Gophers have to account for Fant.

Also remember how grabby their CBs were last year against Tyler Johnson? It’s almost like Maryland watched film of that game.

At this point you should just be looking for improvement and signs that players are emerging to be future stars.

Top Bottom