Final Preseason Field of 68

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
If you're so inclined, follow me on Twitter @Fieldof68Freak.

2018-19 PRESEASON FIELD OF 68 (9/24/18)
America East (1): Hartford

American (3): Cincinnati, Houston, Memphis

ACC (8): Clemson, Duke, Florida State, North Carolina, NC State, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech

Atlantic Sun (1): Lipscomb

Atlantic 10 (1): Davidson

Big East (5): Butler, Marquette, Providence, Villanova, Xavier

Big Sky (1): Montana

Big South (1): Radford

B1G (7): Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Purdue, Wisconsin

Big XII (6): Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas, West Virginia

Big West (1): UC-Irvine

Colonial (1): Northeastern

Conference USA (2): Marshall, Western Kentucky

Horizon (1): Northern Kentucky

Ivy (1): Penn

MAAC (1): Rider

MAC (1): Eastern Michigan

MEAC (1): NCCU

Missouri Valley (1): Southern Illinois

Mountain West (2): Nevada, New Mexico

Northeast (1): Saint Francis-PA

Ohio Valley (1): Belmont

Pac 12 (4): Oregon, UCLA, USC, Washington

Patriot (1): Colgate

SEC (7): Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Tennessee

Southern (1): Wofford

Southland (1): Stephen F. Austin

SWAC (1): Grambling

Summit (1): South Dakota State

Sun Belt (1): Louisiana

West Coast (2): BYU, Gonzaga

WAC (1): Grand Canyon

Last 4 In: Memphis, New Mexico, NC State, Western Kentucky

First 4 Out: Arizona State, Minnesota, TCU, UCF

10 to Keep An Eye On: Arizona, Buffalo, College of Charleston, Iowa, Loyola-Chicago, Missouri, Ohio State, Saint Louis, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt

Now-Power 6 At-Larges (5): BYU, Houston, Memphis, New Mexico, Western Kentucky

First 4 Out: Arizona State, Minnesota, TCU, UCF

giphy.gif

Go Gophers!!

giphy.gif

Go Gophers!!

Most times it's what we do here in Minnesota (when Gophers are in the hunt), lurk right around that bubble & sweat on Selection Sunday. This season, like two years ago, has a chance to be different, but I figure it's safer pick just to put Gophers squarely on the bubble!

Most times it's what we do here in Minnesota (when Gophers are in the hunt), lurk right around that bubble & sweat on Selection Sunday. This season, like two years ago, has a chance to be different, but I figure it's safer pick just to put Gophers squarely on the bubble!
Honestly I don't see what you see in Purdue, besides Edwards, who is a helluva player and the Dutch kid, what do they have?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That's actually fairly optimistic considering where most national voices have the Gophers finishing in the conference.

That's actually fairly optimistic considering where most national voices have the Gophers finishing in the conference.

Have seen Gophers picked anywhere from 4th to 12th. I split the difference at 8th.

Honestly, after Michigan State I think #2 to #10 will be a free-for-all. Only teams I don't think have a realistic chance at NCAA bid are Illinois, Northwestern, Penn State, and Rutgers, and saying that I could be underselling Illinois & Northwestern.

Honestly I don't see what you see in Purdue, besides Edwards, who is a helluva player and the Dutch kid, what do they have?

I think Haarms & Eastern will take a big step up, proven coach in Painter, Mackey Arena a difficult place to win, and have (perhaps) the best player (Boogie) in the conference.

I get your point, though, I struggled where to place the Boilers more than any other team. Quite a few unknowns.

I think Haarms & Eastern will take a big step up, proven coach in Painter, Mackey Arena a difficult place to win, and have (perhaps) the best player (Boogie) in the conference.

I get your point, though, I struggled where to place the Boilers more than any other team. Quite a few unknowns.
They remind me of the Iowa team when Jok was a Senior and I guess they have the Dartmouth kid as well. My gut also tells me Nebraska will disappoint with expectations, I could see NW surprising people if they can figure out the PG spot

Gopher have so many unknowns right now. Its fair to say anywhere is fair game to end up. If everyone comes back healthy and jelly has matured, we could be top 4. If not, DFL is not out of the question.

I am in the minority as usual but this is the Gopher roster i really like and you add Rob Jeter. Finally there will be strong defense and fundamentals. I see a top 2 conference finish.

I am in the minority as usual but this is the Gopher roster i really like and you add Rob Jeter. Finally there will be strong defense and fundamentals. I see a top 2 conference finish.
I don't know if it's top two good, I think between Coffey, Dupree and Stull we have the best rotation of wings in the league. Murphy is a beast down low. I think Jelly is middle of the road as a PG, but this league is stacked at the one IMO. Big question mark is the paint and the bench, we've got nice pieces, but are guys like Oturu and Omersa ready or are they a year away? How healthy is Curry? Can Matz give us five e to ten solid minutes?I do think Coffey and McBreyer are underrated defensively and I am hoping Jeter brings it out of everyone

If healthy Oturu and Omersa have B1G bodies and will definitely make an impact.

Oturu will suprise everyone at how good he is...

:confused::eek: Which conference we talking about?

Oturu will suprise everyone at how good he is...

I agree with this. ESPECIALLY defensively. He will get his points on dunks and layups but I think he is an instant game changer defensively. So much natural shot blocking ability.

Gophs have fair shot reminds me of the 16/17 team as being undervalued

.MAC...Buffalo, A10 St Louis...Ivy Harvard....big west Fullerton... sun belt geo southern....

Top Bottom