Yes, there are football gods

Gophers_4life

Banned
Reaction score
And they just took a steaming dump on our heads this weekend. Gophers. Vikings. Now Winfield Jr. (on top of Rodney Smith).

What an absolute horse___ weekend to be a fan of major football in Minnesota. Disgusting.

We are cursed in pro football, hockey, and basketball.

Tough break for the Gophers.

I don't know what or who is responsible for this curse, something dating back to the 60s or 70s?
What happened in this state that we can identify that put this curse on us so that we may sacrifice
a sconnie and iowan to please the bad football gods...

My only fervent hope is that this past weekend was the one both teams needed to get out of the way
and it's all down hill from here.
Being that neither team has a serviceable offensive line, that likely will not be the case.

Now rumors about Everson Griffen for the Vikings to help wrap up the weekend.

Now rumors about Everson Griffen for the Vikings to help wrap up the weekend.

Who gives a xxxx about the Viqueens. I sure as hell don’t. But no question the football Gods are testing our (at least mine) Gopher spirit. Good thing I saw some sun today otherwise I would be going to the root cellar. And yes the sky is truly falling.

Gopher's groundhog year. Its beginning to look a lot like last year. I need a few more days to morn and recalibrate my expectations.

I don't know what or who is responsible for this curse, something dating back to the 60s or 70s?
What happened in this state that we can identify that put this curse on us so that we may sacrifice

My only fervent hope is that this past weekend was the one both teams needed to get out of the way
Being that neither team has a serviceable offensive line, that likely will not be the case.

The football gods have, IMHO, have put a curse on U of M football in response to Paul Giel, alumni contributors, University administration, and any one else who decided in the late 70's to move the U's football off campus to the mecca of football failure, the Hubert H Humphrey Metrodome rather than spend the necessary funds to upgrade and maintain Memorial Stadium, the home of 6 national and 10 Big Ten Championships. Although fallen on some tougher years during the 1970's, they were not that far removed from successful and competitive teams. Memorial Stadium and its successful programs opened in the 1924. Some Big Ten stadiums which were not demolished but rather upgraded over the years include tOSU Buckeye Stadium opened in 1922 and U of MI Michigan Stadium opened in 1927. Seems like their programs have done well by maintaining their rich and colorful history and traditions over the ensuing years, i.e. money well spent.
As to the Vikings, I really don't care.

Ummm, no. This “the football gods are against us” mantra is the quintessential loser’s lament that even I used to invoke to delude myself.

“The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings.” - William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar, Act I, Scene III.

Ummm, no. This “the football gods are against us” mantra is the quintessential loser’s lament that even I used to invoke to delude myself.

“The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings.” - William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar, Act I, Scene III.

Who else has to suffer like this, though??? Maybe you could argue Syracuse & Bills fans ... but except yeah, about those Bills ...

It's not football gods its sports gods and evidently the twins made a deal with them back in the 80s and 90s and that deal was a bad deal for all other MN sports.

It's not football gods its sports gods and evidently the twins made a deal with them back in the 80s and 90s and that deal was a bad deal for all other MN sports.

Yes I did hear rumors about how Puckett, Hrbeck, Gaetti and Viola made a pact with the devil at a bowling alley off of East Lake street in September of 1987.

There are no football gods. Actually there is no god but that is for another board. Football is entertainment and should be treated as such. Memorial Stadium should have never been torn down and it is still taking time to get back the campus atmosphere back but we are not cursed.

Ski - U - Mah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom