Is Fleck Brewster 2.0?

magpie

Banned
Reaction score
Both can recruit, neither can win Big Ten games. I feel much better about Fleck than I did with Brewster, but the results are the same thus far. What season must Fleck’s team turn the corner by? Next year? Year 4?

I'm not judging Fleck by today. I still believe we will beat Iowa!

Brewster couldn’t recruit, I don’t know why that lie continues to live.

Please, is this necessary?

If my dad had not died in 1985 he would still be loudly comparing every coach that comes down the line to Murray Warmath.....

In the end, it don't do no good....

Both can recruit, neither can win Big Ten games. I feel much better about Fleck than I did with Brewster, but the results are the same thus far. What season must Fleck’s team turn the corner by? Next year? Year 4?

People who post stuff like this don’t know sh^t about sports, much less football. Sorry Magpie, but it’s the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23mq3qv.jpg

If my dad had not died in 1985 he would still be loudly comparing every coach that comes down the line to Murray Warmath.....

In the end, it don't do no good....

True. It is time for continuity here. We have a young coach who can recruit. He'll get his years to prove he can do the job. Enjoy the ride. We're better than we were last year. We'll be better next year.

And when I'm the voice of reason, it scares even me...

Dumb thread, not even close to that chilli hot clown show. Brewster once tried to have Adam Weber be a spread option QB. Terrible post. Bremner not even good photoshop. Gopher fans can be sour but Maryland better team today. QUOTE=billy bremner;1600031]
23mq3qv.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Outscored 112-13 in the last three Big Ten games. Yes, it’s worth discussing.

lol get tf out of here. Fleck is guaranteed not to go 1-11 and has won most of the games he's supposed to with players that are either super young or not at all a fit for his system.
One letdown game on the road with a freshman qb and you're comparing him to one of the worst college coaches of all time.

No need to attack me. State your position or ignore the thread. Personally, I haven’t seen anything that makes Fleck a good game day coach. He’s a rah-rah guy and a recruiter. His halftime adjustments are as bad as Mason’s. I anticipated a loss, not a slaughter. The players can take the blame for the loss. Fleck’s staff has to own up for a clear lack of preparation.

No need to attack me. State your position or ignore the thread. Personally, I haven’t seen anything that makes Fleck a good game day coach. He’s a rah-rah guy and a recruiter. His halftime adjustments are as bad as Mason’s. I anticipated a loss, not a slaughter. The players can take the blame for the loss. Fleck’s staff has to own up for a clear lack of preparation.
You can make this point without Brewster comparison. There is enough of that in Startribune.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

This thread is embarrassing. It’s the first conference game of Fleck’s second season for christ sakes. It’s one bad game. Win four of the remaining six winnable games vs Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Purdue, Indiana, and Northwestern and we’re 7-5, 4-5 which would be a good step in the right direction.

I suspect if this were a poll it would be 85% no, 15% yes. It’s way, way too early to call him a bust. It was a bad day but brighter ones are on the horizon.

Row the boat and drink the koolaid and be a bot...and ignore the his results vs the last 2 coaches

You have absolutely no idea what you're watching. They had a clear gameplan and it failed. We have one of the most disciplined teams in the country that's a sign of damn good coaching. It will pay dividends eventually.

How anyone can see the progress in our receivers this year versus last and say that Fleck isn't coaching is beyond me.

Last edited:

lol get tf out of here. Fleck is guaranteed not to go 1-11 and has won most of the games he's supposed to with players that are either super young or not at all a fit for his system.
One letdown game on the road with a freshman qb and you're comparing him to one of the worst college coaches of all time.

Nomination for best reply! Right on.

No no no. Oh my gosh did you even watch a Brewster team. They lost to South Dakota. Cmon

In all seriousness, the biggest difference between Brewster and Fleck is the intensity with which the Flecksters support "their" guy. Brewster never had that degree of support.

Brewster did make it to bowl games in year 2 and 3 of his tenure - and then the wheels fell off in year #4. I think Fleck has advantages over Brewster - with the top advantage being his head coaching experience, and the fact that Fleck has a coaching philosophy, while Brewster just seemed to blow with the wind. (we're a spread team - no, we're a power running team - no we're something else).

But, as I said, the Fleck fans will support their guy through tough times - something Brewster never had. his support was like veneer - it turned out to be thin and fragile.

Row the boat and drink the koolaid and be a bot...and ignore the his results vs the last 2 coaches

I can't wait to see what deep insight is revealed in your 70th post. Don't disappoint us.
And FYI, a lot of us supported the last two coaches as well.

Brewster was not a head coach. Also, what kind of budget did he have for assistants in comparison, and what kind of facilities? Fleck has orders of magnitude more resources than his predecessors, so more should be expected.

No, I wouldn’t say that. I expect the team to struggle the rest of this year, and maybe even next year. Year 4 (or year 3, according to Fleck’s math) should be the money year if these young players pan out. If it plays out that way, Fleck will probably jump ship for a better job and more money. If we continue on the losing path, we’ll probably be stuck with him for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No no no. Oh my gosh did you even watch a Brewster team. They lost to South Dakota. Cmon
I was at that game and all I heard the next day on sports radio was Touchdown YOTES!!

Jiminy crickets. Focus on something positive. This Gopher team will rebuild and attain a level of success we have not seen in a while.

Top Bottom