What grade would you give the Gophers in their first road game in 2018?

• A

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • B

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • D

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • F

Votes: 61 72.6%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Don't know how anyone gives anything other than an F. That was an unacceptably humiliating performance. We were not prepared, and they are not a very good team.

D minus, way to many mistakes. Play calling and execution left a lot to be desired. Only reason not an F is Herber 's the punter had a good game. Barber was responsible for vacating his GAP following motion on two home run touchdowns. Anexstad was throwing off back foot whole game. He looked hobbled and not mobile at all. Gophers offensive line is not Big 10 worthy offensive line. Poor tackling and shedding blocks all game. I hate that #17 not a QB, I was wrong about him, wish Green could play more at Qb.

Last edited:

F. This was suppose to be a close, tight game. And they lost by 4 TDs.

D

MD is nothing special and we got schooled. PJ's concerning trend of not being able to show up in most B10 games continues, 3 blow outs in a row.

F, they got dominated in the trenches, Maryland looked bigger, stronger and faster in all aspects.

Um, at the game today..no gap discipline. Safety, did we have one after Winfield went out..we don't audible and Zack couldn't make make play or make the right read.

Don't know how anyone gives anything other than an F. That was an unacceptably humiliating performance. We were not prepared, and they are not a very good team.

Maybe so, but if you give an F for every poor performance then you don't have a lower grade to distinguish the exceptionally awful performances (e.g., the 39-0 loss to Northwestern
or the subsequent 31-0 loss to Wisconsin last year).

Maybe so, but if you give an F for every poor performance then you don't have a lower grade to distinguish the exceptionally awful performances (e.g., the 39-0 loss to Northwestern

There comes a point where it is so unacceptably bad that they all get "F"s. The fact that a 5% class is a failing grade in a class does not mean that a 35% isn't also one.

Blow out loss = F

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes, MN was. Prepared for the game all week. MN received another a$$ kicking from Maryland.

F minus is reserved for games like those. This was close to an F - butwe did score a few points. Otherwise failure was abundant at every position group.

Exactly what was pj and the coaching staff doing all week if not preparing for Maryland?

Apparently not preparing effectively. Its not like this was OSU or Alabama or someone we just can't match up with. This was a crap team that Temple could take to the wood shed.

There are two "A"s?

Did some guy vote twice?

Apparently not preparing effectively. Its not like this was OSU or Alabama or someone we just can't match up with. This was a crap team that Temple could take to the wood shed.

Did pj and company not learn anything from last year and from the Maryland/Temple game? Perhaps the game plan was poor? Perhaps the coaching was poor?

Did pj and company not learn anything from last year and from the Maryland/Temple game? Perhaps the game plan was poor? Perhaps the coaching was poor?

I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or not. It seems like we learned nothing from last year, and yes, both the game plan and coaching was poor.

On Defense, a lot of their problems could be attributed to the loss of Winfield and Smith.

Offense? lack of execution. Maybe stubbornness on the coaching staff? Same thing as with the Wildcat and playing Croft on a bum leg last season, going to that stupid receiver screen and keeping Zach out there on a bad ankle today reeked of stubbornness on the coaching staff. That or their refusal to change a game plan when it clearly wasn't working.

They just plain give-up at MI, NW and WI last year.

Hoped they were past that this year. Didn't look like it today.

Last edited:

Missed this game due to family commitments. Sounds like I missed the right one. Appears that I can't get into the poll anymore to see who voted what. Apparently there was a glitch in the system before and now they don't want anyone to see who voted what. Personally I disagree with that decision. I didn't vote based on the fact that I missed the game. However from what I'm reading either a D or a F. Didn't think I'd be doing that today.

We had poor schemes offensively and defensively. We were dominated on both lines too often. It could have been closer than it was....they made big plays, we did not.
Very disappointed with the ineffectiveness of Zack on one leg that we didn't see a lot more of Seth Green at QB.
Don't like that we seem to play to keep the losing margin as small as possible versus trying to win the game.
I disagree with PJ....to me, momentum is a real thing. They dominated early in both halves and we did not answer.
Bottom line: I didn't agree with too many Gopher coaching decisions today

It was not pretty. Wanted a D-. Gave a D. Mistakes were amplified by playing a team balanced on offense, and stronger D upfront and secondary than the first 3 opponents.

When you're expected to be competitive and you don't show up, that's an F.

Defense was non-existent. O line got its ass kicked all day. ZA looked shaky. Johnson dropped another easy catch and whiffed on a couple blocks. I'm sure there's more to criticize, but my interest faded quickly. If the team isn't in the game, there's no reason for me to be.

It's all about entertainment. Yesterday, the Gophers provided none.

JTG

Top Bottom