Jarvis Johnson?

gray4heisman

Reaction score
I don’t want to jump to conclusions. But on IW’s Instagram, he had a video up of them in the lockerroom and it shows Jarvis Johnson and Isaiah is saying “Free 12!....They freed him!....haha it’s Lit this season!”

There’s no chance of medical clearance is there? Even if it wouldn’t mean much as JJ hasn’t played collegiate basketball yet in 3 years.

I don’t want to jump to conclusions. But on IW’s Instagram, he had a video up of them in the lockerroom and it shows Jarvis Johnson and Isaiah is saying “Free 12!....They freed him!....haha it’s Lit this season!”

There’s no chance of medical clearance is there? Even if it wouldn’t mean much as JJ hasn’t played collegiate basketball yet in 3 years.

I can't see it being possible to suddenly get cleared. But I would like to see him get the opportunity - seems like a good guy and obviously loves the Gophers. Not to mention that he likely still has a great handle.

I wonder if maybe he is cleared to practice or something. There must have been something that changed though because Jarvis Johnson, Hurt, Dupree and Washington all have something on their IG story about him.

I know that most are very familiar with Jarvis's situation, but while we are on the topic...here is a great SC video I found on his story. The video is a few years old but still interesting for those who are maybe not familiar with him or his condition. Great kid, says a lot about his character and commitment to this university that he has stayed even though he could likely play at another school, or at least have a shot.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x3pVROTJ9kU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It would be awesome if he were cleared, but I highly doubt it will happen. Unless there has been some new medical discovery, or something about his health status changes, he’s not going to play.

Not to mention that things would get murky with the scholarship situation. The U kept him on scholarship, but he doesn’t count against our 13 b-ball scholarships. If he’s gonna play then he’s gonna have to count against the scholarship limit so someone has to go. And with school already started I don’t see that happening.

I am hoping he,at least, gets to play a minute on Senior Night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It would be awesome if he were cleared, but I highly doubt it will happen. Unless there has been some new medical discovery, or something about his health status changes, he’s not going to play.

Not to mention that things would get murky with the scholarship situation. The U kept him on scholarship, but he doesn’t count against our 13 b-ball scholarships. If he’s gonna play then he’s gonna have to count against the scholarship limit so someone has to go. And with school already started I don’t see that happening.

maybe he would be willing to play as a walk-on? he's a free ride so far (and good for him, he's a great kid and earned it), so maybe he might be willing to do that, assuming he get's cleared to play. which is a big assumption

not sure who/what jarvis wishes to be freed from ...He is more than welcome to try find a program that will clear him to play if he feels unjustly shackled by the U....the U sure could use another pg

not sure who/what jarvis wishes to be freed from ...He is more than welcome to try find a program that will clear him to play if he feels unjustly shackled by the U....the U sure could use another pg

I kind of feel this way too. I like the guy and wish he could play, but the implication of the Free 12 thing is that the health thing is the U being inflexible.

Agreed but it's not like he's hurting us, either. He's on a medical scholarship meaning he isn't counting against our limit. Not sure if that's what you were implying with the bolded part.

From the Pitino's twitter photos, Jarvis is not fully participating in 'The Program' workouts they are doing... So it's unlikely his status has changed, but that would be great.

As others have said, I don't think Jarvis is going to get cleared to do anything more than hang out on the bench, chuck up some shots during warmups and be generally liked by teammates and fans. I think he would have been a really good player for the Gophers and it sucks this is how his career is turning out.

Top Bottom