***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MARYLAND IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

How would you know and gees why bring it up at all?

Claeys 4 losses were by 3, 7, 7 and 14 points.

P.J. has lost 4 of his last 5 BigTen games by 23, 39, 31 and 29. Thank the Lord for that Nebraska game.

So you think they shouldn't have fired Claeys? That was decided before Claeys coached a game in '16 and it's been discussed to death.

Otherwise why bring it up when Fleck and Company are in the middle of a 3 game losing streak where they have been out-scored 112-13.

What the hell are you thinking?

Yeah, that is not a very flattering comparison for Fleck right now.

Wait ‘til next decade!

I know that was a bit facetious and that someone with extreme patience would say year 4 or 5 is when it should really click if Fleck is good, but a more experienced team potentially with Smith and Brooks against the easiest schedule I’ve ever seen in 2019...if we don’t at least get in the discussion for the B10 West, I doubt we ever will.

Just cannot understand why we never have a decent o-line. We recruit the position fairly well, and youth isn't an excuse. Our tackles are worthless in pass pro and it's exacerbating Annexstad's bad habit of throwing off his back foot. Frustrating because we finally seem to have guys on the outside getting open consistently. Didn't see anything from either of the RBs to get me excited, but both are okay. Assuming Zach isn't seriously hurt, I like how the coaches kept him in and kept making him throw. It didn't work out, but I think it's smart to try and salvage something from this train-wreck.

On defense, yuck. We have major major needs for upgrades at D-end and Safety. LBs out of position all day. Seems like we are really focusing on d-line this recruiting class which is good.

Overall, it really sucks to see that we are still really far away from being a good team, especially after another seductive non-conference performance, but there are at least some pieces in place to build on.

Last edited:

Collapse doesn’t refer to the start of the play being the snap.

It’s possible to have 4 sec in the pocket and for it to then collapse in half a second. Get what I’m saying now?

No. Now you’re making things up. A mobile QB could have made a run. ZA esp in his injured state no way.

How would you know and gees why bring it up at all?

Claeys 4 losses were by 3, 7, 7 and 14 points.

P.J. has lost 4 of his last 5 BigTen games by 23, 39, 31 and 29. Thank the Lord for that Nebraska game.

So you think they shouldn't have fired Claeys? That was decided before Claeys coached a game in '16 and it's been discussed to death.

Otherwise why bring it up when Fleck and Company are in the middle of a 3 game losing streak where they have been out-scored 112-13.

What the hell are you thinking?

Are you going to be okay?

Yeah, that is not a very flattering comparison for Fleck right now.

Well our team hasn’t had a major national scandal yet this year so we have that

***that is actually what a Claeys dig would look like

I was merely pointing out that kicking two field goals or going for it didn’t make any difference in the result of the game

Sorry the C word triggers you

I was merely pointing out that kicking two field goals or going for it didn’t make any difference in the result of the game

Going a LONG way out of the way to avoid saying that you made a mistake huh? :D

Lot of that going on around where lately..

C word doesn't trigger me, as much as reminds me what a coach who can win 9 games in a season looks like.

I know that was a bit facetious and that someone with extreme patience would say year 4 or 5 is when it should really click if Fleck is good, but a more experienced team potentially with Smith and Brooks against the easiest schedule I’ve ever seen in 2019...if we don’t at least get in the discussion for the B10 West, I doubt we ever will.

Please stop. Please.

First conference game and the waiting for next year is already on gh........

Fat?

Waiting on response for Iceland guy

Wow. And you want everyone to blindly support current coach, and this is how you treat, and treated, our former coach. You brought him up, no one else did, and Iceland simply responded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please stop. Please.

First conference game and the waiting for next year is already on gh........

I’m not. Going to enjoy this year hopefully seeing development. Just saying it should be looking good next year if it is ever going to.

Wow. And you want everyone to blindly support current coach, and this is how you treat, and treated, our former coach. You brought him up, no one else did, and Iceland simply responded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually I’m not really a Fleck guy. I find him super annoying.

I hope he is successful though and am still interested enough to watch this team’s development.
I know I couldn’t have played for a coach with his personality. I’m too cynical

PJ is 2-8 in the B14. Gophers may be favored only in the Illinois game - will find it difficult to win six.

Just reading Twitter we are overreaction U. We go 3-0 and people have us in the Rose Bowl. Now losing this game people saying we won’t win another game. Friends this a young team and probably only a 6 win team, but you can see the upgrade in the caliber of athletes. Patience please

Basically, this is a reality check for Gopher Holers. I think a lot of you should head over to the 9-3 tell me I'm wrong thread and give a quality answer. :rolleyes:

So you admit you were wrong when you said running out of there was an option. Ok good that you admit it.

No...

A mobile QB could have run. Even ZA may have staggered for a first down. Obviously he was looking to throw and it didn’t work out.

No...

A mobile QB could have run. Even ZA may have staggered for a first down. Obviously he was looking to throw and it didn’t work out.

We weren’t talking about a mobile QB. You’re trying to insert that here at the last second, that’s not what you said.

I’m correct. There was zero chance for ZA to run. Pocket collapsed too quickly. I know I’m right and that’s good enough for me. I don’t need someone who is obviously wrong to admit that they’re wrong for me to feel good.

The funny, or sad, thing is, Maryland fans were probably feeling how GH feels now, after last weekend. But now, they probably feel great!

Top Bottom