***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MARYLAND IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

We weren’t talking about a mobile QB. You’re trying to insert that here at the last second, that’s not what you said.

I’m correct. There was zero chance for ZA to run. Pocket collapsed too quickly. I know I’m right and that’s good enough for me. I don’t need someone who is obviously wrong to admit that they’re wrong for me to feel good.

Zero chance...ok

Texas just handled #17 TCU, in Austin. Beat ranked USC last week.

And Maryland handled Texas in week 1 at FedEx Field. Not really neutral, but not a full home field advantage.

I’m thinking the Temple loss last week was flukey, and Temple might end up being good anyway. Maryland could end up being a very good team. Tough East division, so we’ll see.

Fine, more than zero. Look your point is not completely wrong. There ok? But it would’ve been extremely difficult for him to run out. I just think you need to acknowledge that!

Yes, he would have have been thinking run from the get go and wasn’t. He wanted to throw to TJ and he didn’t see 82 until it was too late. PJ said ZA gives us the best chance to win but when he’s a statue back there with a suspect offensive line it’s a liability. We need a guy that can get out of the pocket at times. Have to believe TM or even SG may have been a better option today before game was totally out of hand but maybe TM isn’t which is even more scary to consider.

Texas just handled #17 TCU, in Austin. Beat ranked USC last week.

And Maryland handled Texas in week 1 at FedEx Field. Not really neutral, but not a full home field advantage.

I’m thinking the Temple loss last week was flukey, and Temple might end up being good anyway. Maryland could end up being a very good team. Tough East division, so we’ll see.

Yeah but think last week was a fluke for them. It’s possible Maryland is better than anyone is giving them credit for

Just saying - the Gophers won 5 games last year. So, if they win 6 games this year, that would be an improvement. A small improvement, but an improvement, never the less.

So - at the end of the season, we can look at the Gophers record and see if they improved. Of course, we won't know that until the end of the season.

Now, I understand there are other ways to judge improvement - offensive stats, defensive stats, margin of victory/defeat, and the good old "eye test" - in other words, do they look better?

I would say they do look better in certain aspects. The real question is whether they can sustain and build on that apparent improvement.

One game can be an anomaly, or it can be the start of a trend. Which category is Maryland? we won't know for another two weeks, at least.

6 would be huge. Bowl game is a bowl game. It’s on ESPN. You’re playing in the post season instead of sitting at home. 15 extra practices.

Just not sure where 3 wins are going to come from. Nebraska at this point looks like potentially the easiest, but we’ll see. I just really don’t think there’s going to be an easy win in the Big Ten for the Gophers this year. I don’t think any of Indiana, Illinois, Purdue, or Northwestern will be gimme wins. And we know Ohio st, Iowa, and Wisconsin are gonna be hard.

Top Bottom