I Need your Advice

Livingat45north

Reaction score
The wife says I can't watch the game tomorrow because we have to clean the house to get ready for when her parents come for dinner that night. What should I do? Asking for a friend...

Call rent-a-maid. Should make your wife happy too.

You can do both at the same time or your wife is an idiot. She is treating you like a child, which by the way, do not have with her.

Last edited:

I second the divorce option...know your priorities, young lady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The situation proposed in the original post leads to only one response, which the famed philosopher Sam Cassell so eloquently said:

quote-some-guys-run-their-house-some-guys-run-around-their-house-i-m-a-guy-who-runs-my-house-sam-cassell-112-21-86.jpg

GO Gophers!!

Ask her to make a list of what she wants done. Listen to the game on the radio (wearing earbuds if necessary). There’s plenty of time before and after the game. Don’t let the in-laws get in the way!

The wife says I can't watch the game tomorrow because...

You lost me right here. WTF?

A number of thoughts racing through my mind...

How frickin’ dirty is the house that this is an issue???
The in-laws seeing the house when it’s not perfectly spotless would be terrible?
What is SHE doing when you are apparently cleaning the house??
Clean the house at halftime?

Lastly, just WHEN exactly was the last time you saw and had full use of your genitalia?

Record the game and watch later without any distractions.

Can't, my friend is with the wife at the movies watching "Life Itself" right now -- is it bad taste to surf the net when you're at a boring chick flick movie?

So if I’m understanding you correctly, at some point a decision was made within this household that the chick flick “Life Itself” was deemed to be a more important use of entertainment viewing time than the Gophers opening B1G game of the season.

This should tell you something right here.

It all depends. If there’s a good prospect for sex Saturday night, clean the house. Sex is better than the game. If not, tell her you’re watching the game.

Burn the house down. No, just kidding.

I agree with Miranda about the list, and WinLoseOrTy about starting the housecleaning tonight. Get off your duff if your life depends on it, so you can watch your beloved Gophers tomorrow at 11:00 AM. If not finished, get up at 6:00 AM!

Better get going now pronto!

You can take a nap later sitting down in the living room with your father-in-law after the deserts are served.

Last edited:

The wife is insecure and forcing you to prove your love by forcing you to give up something that matters to you. Unfortunately, I doubt logic is going to do much to solve that, because whether you watch the game or not, you still should be able to get several hours of cleaning in. Just realize it's not really about cleaning the house. It's really about her anxiety and insecurity. My wife used to pull **** like that. Either she's matured, given up on me, or the xanax is doing it's thing, because she hasn't been that way for years now.

The wife is insecure and forcing you to prove your love by forcing you to give up something that matters to you. Unfortunately, I doubt logic is going to do much to solve that, because whether you watch the game or not, you still should be able to get several hours of cleaning in. Just realize it's not really about cleaning the house. It's really about her anxiety and insecurity. My wife used to pull **** like that. Either she's matured, given up on me, or the xanax is doing it's thing, because she hasn't been that way for years now.

I’m telling you right now, THIS is the gawddamn post of the year. This is SCRIPTURE...

The rest of you heathens, pay attention to THIS.

It is usually too late to find out that your wife is crazy (nit pickiness) until after the honeymoon is over. So, both of you are going to try to be alpha dog. It takes years of cross-training from who can kick the hardest to get up and change the baby diapers to who gets to sit in your lazy boy chair.

In the end, you have trained one another right and find out that you can't do without each other. Don't forget her birthday, Valentine, and your anniversary. Give her a bouquet of flowers or Valentine candy. Take her out to dinner or an event in town once in awhile. You give her flowers or candy any other time, and she thinks you are guilty of something especially after you came back from a fishing trip with your buddies.

We are Pavlovian dogs.

After Sunday Mass, all is calm with the world and your wife hands you the TV remote while you are seating in your lazy boy chair... Then everything starts again on Monday...

Last edited:

If you're wife ain't a smoke show, she needs to go. The Gabe is 3 hours, at 11am if she's demanding you clean for three hours during THAT time, for her parents to come for dinner... then she's a controlling narcissist. #byeFelicia

Start cleaning in beast mode early and fake a sprained ankle at 10:50. Ice pack and elevation while on couch watching the game

Settle it this way:

"Whoever earns the most money for the household doesn't have to clean it."

It's currently 5:15am (assuming you live the Central Time Zone) and no house takes more than 6 hours to clean. If you're not awake and cleaning right now, you are not a real fan.

Also, the misogyny in this thread is remarkable .

Saying it HAS to be those 3 hours, as well as likely overlooking the idea of ya know...cleaning and watching? I don’t know all the details but this sounds real cold.

It all depends. If there’s a good prospect for sex Saturday night, clean the house. Sex is better than the game. If not, tell her you’re watching the game.
Agreed, if the incentive is sex, record the game and clean the house.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom