Recently retired Gophers football player Nick Connelly dies at 22

My heart aches for his family and friends. What awful news.

What a heart-breaking story. Prayers go out to the Connelly family.

Sincere condolences to family, friends and all who knew him.

What an awful thing to happen. I can't imagine the pain his family is experiencing. My deepest condolences.

God that ****ing sucks. Sending lots of love to his family.

As a parent, I can only imagine the pain that his family is experiencing now. I thank god that any misfortunes that my sons have had, have been trivial compared to this.

I hope the support of the Gopher community can give some added strength to his family.

Ski-u-mah Nick

As a parent, I can't imagine the pain that his family is experiencing now. The family over all these years followed him around for his different activities all his life working his way up to play for the Golden Gophers and now quickly he is gone. Its going to be a journey for the family as they slowly get over the shock of losing a family member. May the peace of the Lord be with them as they go down this path.

So sad. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Grief [emoji22][emoji24]
This is when row the boat has true meaning.

Speechless. Just terrible. Thoughts and prayers for Nick's family and friends.

Horrible news. May the family find even a little comfort in the sympathies and the love shared here.

This is heartbreaking. Definitely shedding some tears as I read through all the sentiments on Twitter from former teammates and coaches.

My uncle also passed this week from cancer. It was a different emotion for me though. He was 80 and knew he had lived a good, full life. He had time to spend with family and friends over his last months. He was at peace with moving on. Thinking of a 22-year-old having only 3 months from diagnosis to death is brutal. In so many aspects, his life had just begun. This can be such a brutal world.

Love and thoughts to Nick's family.

Awful, awful news. I was shocked to hear this especially with the just recent news. So young! He had his whole life ahead of him. I don't know what else to say. I'm heartbroken for the family. I met them at the spring game 2 years ago. Great people!

Cancer is a cruel sickness, it doesnt care about age or potential.. Reast easy big man, **** cancer.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Terrible news. Prayers for Nick’s family and friends. His spirit lives on through you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom