Who are you cheering for in wisconsin/Iowa game?

Who are you cheering for in wisconsin/Iowa game?

• I want Iowa to win

Votes: 71 69.6%
  • I want wisconsin to win

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I want it to end in a tie

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • I want (fill in the blank) to happen

Votes: 17 16.7%

• Total voters

Stan

Reaction score
The battle of our rivals is upon us. I would love to see wisconsin lose two in a row.

Is it wrong to want a volcano to erupt in Kinnick Stadium?

This question is asked every year and the answer will always be the same regardless of the situation.

I'm nearly 50 years old, and for some reason my hatred for Iowa has never been as deep as it is for Wisky. I don't know why, heck, my hatred of NDSU is more than it is for Iowa. I actually like Frerentz in many ways. My order of dislike for Big Ten teams goes. 1. Wisky, 2. Wisky, 3. Ohio State, 4. Iowa...then Michigan and everybody else.

Iowa beating Wisconsin and us beating Iowa would be ideal I think. Iowa, Ohio State, and Wisconsin are the hardest games on our schedule, and it's possible we could be favorites in most of the rest of them. Assuming we lose to Wisconsin again this year, lose to Ohio State, and beat Iowa, as well as the rest of our conference opponents, that puts us at 7-2 in conference. If Iowa loses to us and @Penn State and wins all the rest, that puts them at 7-2, but we have the tiebreaker for the bid to Indy. If Iowa beats Wisconsin and the Badgers lose @Michigan and @Penn State, that would put them at 6-3 even if they beat us, putting them in third behind us and Iowa. That seems like the most likely scenario for us to win the division this year, although Wisconsin does play Northwestern in Evanston this year, where they have a habit of losing games that they shouldn't, so maybe we'll luck out there.

WHO HATES IOWA A LITTLE LESS THIS WEEK

Iowa since we get them next, build them up, then destroy them.

"Who are you cheering for in Iowa/Wisconsin game?"

Asteroids.

:eek:

JTG

didn't vote. Don't care. I mean it. I care about Iowa when Iowa plays the Gophers. I care about Wisconsin when Wisconsin plays the Gophers. Other than that, I don't give a rat's butt who IA or WI is playing, or what the score is.

I'm the same way with virtually every sport I follow. I'm a Vikings fan, but the Vikings are the only NFL team I watch. If the Vikings aren't playing, I don't watch. If the Wild is not playing, I don't watch the NHL. And the Wolves - well, I rarely watch Wolves games, and I have almost no interest in the NBA.

Iowa.

Growing up we always called this a plane crash game. You want the visiting team plane to crash into the home team stadium. During practice. Brutal, I know.

Who are the 5 people (at this time) that don’t know that college games can’t tie?

Last edited:

I always cheer for Iowa...
... once and only once a year, which is when they play the BADgers. I've got a lot more hate going towards WisconSIN fans than I do Iowa fans. I actually kind of feel sorry for Iowa fans, I mean, for the most part they're living in Iowa. Can't imagine having to face that kind of purgatory every morning.

I'm not afraid to dream. I hope the game ends in a 0-0 tie. If we can burn the clock and keep the score low, I think we can beat both Iowa & Wisconsin. (Barring further injury among the running backs, I think Shannon Brookes may play against Maryland to get any rust off and I think He will play against both Iowa & Wiscy.) If we beat them both we have a shot to win the West outright even with a loss to OSU.

Hey, I said I could dream. :)

Iowa has a similar schedule to us (Maryland & Indiana as crossovers; them @ IU & Maryland at home, us the opposite, they're @ PSU, we're @ OSU).
Wisconsin probably has tougher crossovers overall (@ Michigan & @ PSU, they get to boatrace Rutgers later in the year).

Rivalry wise, I think more of the younger people dislike Wisconsin, myself included. I know more people that went to WI, whether it be people from HS or live here. Reciprocity playing a part in this. I know a few people that went to Iowa, but not nearly as many.

I've had more pleasant encounters with Iowa fans, especially traveling to their respective towns. I'll always wish death upon Wisconsin & just temporarily illness for Iowa.

Regarding Big Ten, if Minnesota can win this week & beat Iowa, they really will put themselves in a good position, even if they get run out of Columbus (Nick Bosa injury news certainly helpful though).

The meteor. The answer is always the meteor

No. Then there would be sympathy stories, memorials, and hours-long tributes before every game for the rest of the year. I think explosive diarrhea for all players on both teams would be better.

I'm not afraid to dream. I hope the game ends in a 0-0 tie. If we can burn the clock and keep the score low, I think we can beat both Iowa & Wisconsin. (Barring further injury among the running backs, I think Shannon Brookes may play against Maryland to get any rust off and I think He will play against both Iowa & Wiscy.) If we beat them both we have a shot to win the West outright even with a loss to OSU.

Hey, I said I could dream. :)

It would be a dream. College teams can’t tie. Since 1996.

Iowa sets up the battle of the undefeated if we beat Maryland

These games are the worst, same with when the Badgers play UND in hockey or Bears vs Packers games. I guess for what it sets up for Minnesota, though, Iowa winning would put the spotlight on the U (assuming Gophers beat Maryland) in the battle for Floyd.

All starters to get hurt (not seriously though, just enough so we beat them).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

step 1 Minnesota beats Maryland
Step 2 Iowa beats Wisconsin and gets in top 25
Step 3 beat an undefeated top 25 Iowa and take control of the west and be ranked top 20

Top Bottom