Week 4 Other Games Thread

Not reading the posts above because I’m watching PSU vs Illini and Corbin is very fun to watch. The Illini Oline looks good too.

Absolutely bizarre coaching decision to end wash st and usc with leach choosing to run the ball when his QB looked unstoppable all night on a 3rd and 5 at the ~20 w 2 min left. Didn’t get it. Ensuing FG blocked. Left smh. Felt like a classic head coach outsmarting himself

Wonder what Tracy Claeys’s sister will have to say about this one? [emoji848]It’ll probably be Mark Coyle’s fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USC is one of those teams with overwhelming talent, particularly at the skill positions, that is hot or cold. WSU was pretty aggressive on D which paid off at times but they got burned at times. Playing man on USC is a gamble, for sure. I like that gambling aspect of Claeys and it didn’t work this time. WSU could have pulled it off but didn’t due to failure to execute on offense and defense on a few plays. Pretty fun game.

Last edited:

WOW at Penn St - Illinois.

Obviously if you can't stop a team running up the score on you, that's your own fault. But Penn St absolutely, mercilessly, ran up the score in the 4th quarter. DId it on purpose, so that lazy people would just look at the score and assume Penn St crushed the whole game, and not investigate further.

Damned shame, because that is a farce. Illinois was winning the game, and it was only 28-24 going into the 4th, when the bottom of the bag fell out. Too bad

Man, is Michigan laying the wood to Nebraska.

Nebraska has -6 rushing yards at the half against Michigan. Ouch!

Miami OH is up 31-3 at BGSU in the 3rd quarter. Figured that would be a nail-biter.

Watching Alabama beat up on Texas A&M is unreal. They don't belong on the field together. I don't see either Ohio St or Clemson stopping them this year.

0-3 Old Dominion just tied #13 Virginia Tech at 21 with 3 minutes left in 3rd quarter. Going to give this one a watch.

Turn it on boys. ODU Lady Monarchs just answered again. 28-28 with 12:55 left...

CBS Sport Network...

Last edited:

Turn it on boys. ODU Lady Monarchs just answered again. 28-28 with 12:55 left...

CBS Sport Network...

Wow, I just turned it on and ODU has completed a long pass inside the VT 20. I figured the first half was a fluke and VT would smoke 'em in the 2nd half. Clearly not the case.

EDIT: TD ODU.

2nd EDIT: If ODU wins this game, it might be the worst loss in the history of FBS vs FCS, worse even that App St beating Mich. ODU is in its 10th year of football (according to the announcer). They opened the season with a 52-10 loss to Liberty and followed it up with losses to Florida International and Charlotte (who itself has only been playing football about 6 years).

35-28 ODU with 9:57 left.

Unbelievable. Hokies are self-destructing...

42-35 ODU with 5:11 left. HOLY COW

The shock has gotten to you, lol...42-35 ODU. That was an unbelievable catch in the endzone. People, if you're not watching this you need to turn it on. ODU is making VT's top-10 defense look like a JV crew. It's unreal.

ODU stops VT on 4th down just outside the red zone and picked up a first down to begin icing the clock. Man, I can't believe this. My brother worked at VT for 5 years so I'm a fan, but I gotta say watching a monumental upset like this takes some (just a little) of the sting out of the Gophers loss.

Oh, and I now see ODU is not FCS, they're G5 out of CUSA. But this is still a horrendous loss for VT if the score stands. I can't imagine how their fans will be feeling.

ODU is going to win. What an upset. Hokies were a -27.5 betting line coming into the game...

Congrats to Old Dominion...

ODU with another td when they could just take a knee. Running up the score. So fun to watch.

49-35 with 1:34 left...

ODU just scored, but it was really VT's only way to pull off a miracle. ODU could've taken a knee, but now VT will get the ball back. If they score quickly and get the onside kick, they could tie it up. Improbable, I know, but that was stupid by ODU.

ODU just scored, but it was really VT's only way to pull off a miracle. ODU could've taken a knee, but now VT will get the ball back. If they score quickly and get the onside kick, they could tie it up. Improbable, I know, but that was stupid by ODU.

You are right, but VT has quit. That much is obvious. I can't see them coming back...

Glad to see Indiana is still Indiana. 3-0 and they are going to get smoked at home by Sparty.

Top Bottom