First Look: Maroon and Gold Showcase: Oct. 20

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
https://gophersports.com/news/2018/...-maroon-and-gold-showcase-set-for-oct-20.aspx

Fans eager to get their first look at the Minnesota women's basketball program under first-year head coach Lindsay Whalen will have that opportunity on Oct. 20 at the Maroon and Gold Showcase.

Free and open to the public, the Golden Gophers will take the floor at Williams Arena in a game-like setting against the male scout team they regularly face in practice. The event is scheduled to run from 1-3 p.m. with doors opening at noon.

Fans will be able to enter through entrances on both University Ave. and Oak Street. A select number of concession stands will also be open during the event for fans.

In a unique twist, the scout team will be coached by a few of Whalen's former Minnesota Lynx teammates. After the game, Whalen will briefly address the crowd and then be available for autographs along with the Golden Gopher student-athletes.

Kinda cool that the scout team will be coached by some of Whalen's former Lynx teammates. I'm glad she's reaching out to some of her many contacts to help make this program successful. It takes a village to create a nationally prominent program?

I wonder by what the average season attendance will be this first season with Lindsay Whalen at the helm.

Kinda cool that the scout team will be coached by some of Whalen's former Lynx teammates. I'm glad she's reaching out to some of her many contacts to help make this program successful. It takes a village to create a nationally prominent program?

One of the coaches probably will be Seimone Augustus.

Top Bottom