Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Fire Thibs. Trade Butler. Hire Pitino. If you can't be good, be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    My initial thought was get rid of damn near everyone and hire Becky Hammon.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceland12 View Post
    Would love that too. Problem is that would still leave $8 million more to make the deal.

Oh and Philly wanting to do it.

Still..
    Add Bayless to it and we can throw in a 2nd rounder. And somehow make Philly want to do it.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Breakin' The Plane View Post
    Yes please.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

This Sporting News article says that Thibs would leave (yes please!) if he is forced to trade Butler. This will likely piss the hell out of KAT. If Butler isn't traded and reports to camp next week, the Bulls vs young Wolves factions in the locker room will be so toxic.

Per Sporting News:

According to multiple league sources, coach Tom Thibodeau has no intention of letting Butler go for young, rebuilding-type pieces. Thibodeau, hotly pursued as a coaching free agent after leaving Chicago in 2015, went to Minnesota because he thought the team would be ready to contend quickly.

Butler, acquired last summer in a trade with the Bulls, had become part of that thought process. Thibodeau has zero interest in taking a step back with Minnesota, even, according to sources, if it means he ultimately parts ways with the team.

"No one expects Tom to coach a 25-win or even 35-win team," one front-office executive told Sporting News. "Even if he has to agree to dissolve the contract, they’d do that before they go and trade Butler for draft picks."

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/n...71ui643ikr5nes

Howl Wolves!!

I'm growing on a deal to the LAC as long as it includes T Harris and SGA

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    This Sporting News article says that Thibs would leave (yes please!) if he is forced to trade Butler. This will likely piss the hell out of KAT. If Butler isn't traded and reports to camp next week, the Bulls vs young Wolves factions in the locker room will be so toxic.

Per Sporting News:

According to multiple league sources, coach Tom Thibodeau has no intention of letting Butler go for young, rebuilding-type pieces. Thibodeau, hotly pursued as a coaching free agent after leaving Chicago in 2015, went to Minnesota because he thought the team would be ready to contend quickly.

Butler, acquired last summer in a trade with the Bulls, had become part of that thought process. Thibodeau has zero interest in taking a step back with Minnesota, even, according to sources, if it means he ultimately parts ways with the team.

"No one expects Tom to coach a 25-win or even 35-win team," one front-office executive told Sporting News. "Even if he has to agree to dissolve the contract, they’d do that before they go and trade Butler for draft picks."

Howl Wolves!!
    I'll offer to drive Tom to the airport.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Quote Originally Posted by tikited View Post
    no way he runs away from that cash. Buyout?

Even with him yelling "Switch!" the entire time?

Blog Entries

That would also be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    “Rick” Pitino? Absolutely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes please.
    Oh god no.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post

Per Sporting News:

Howl Wolves!!
    Thibs and Butler are made for each other; two folks with over inflated opinions of themselves. Neither has accomplished enough to be demanding anything.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post
    “Rick” Pitino? Absolutely!

Yes.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Even with him yelling "Switch!" the entire time?
    Still worth it.
    Aloha Mr. Hand