Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182
Results 1,216 to 1,228 of 1228

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post
    By the time Ryan gets his coaching legs or more likely, prove he wasn’t ready for what was GIVEN to him KAT will be fed up with the Wolves and ready to play elsewhere. Teams will know it and we won’t get value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All he was given was KAT and now they have to rebuild around him. They are years out regardless.

The fact that they have played nearly .500 ball with what they have shows that Saunders can coach now.

I'm not a huge Timberwolves fan by any means, but what is the biggest problem with this franchise?

I think you could make a pretty good argument that if not for the Kevin Garnett pick, this is the worst franchise in any of the four major sports over the last 30 years.
    Winasota Gopher now takes me seriously.....you should too.

Quote Originally Posted by golfing18now View Post
    I'm not a huge Timberwolves fan by any means, but what is the biggest problem with this franchise?

I think you could make a pretty good argument that if not for the Kevin Garnett pick, this is the worst franchise in any of the four major sports over the last 30 years.
    Easy. Glen Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by GopherWeatherGuy View Post
    All he was given was KAT and now they have to rebuild around him. They are years out regardless.

The fact that they have played nearly .500 ball with what they have shows that Saunders can coach now.
    Again; Iím not sayin he canít coach. Iím saying three things:

1. He did not become coach by earning his way there. As a result itís even more unlikely for him than any other first year coach that he will prove to be a successful coach.

2. While I do believe he has far more talent than other Wolf coaches who were fired Casey and Mchale to name two (although McHale the GM got McHale the coach fired.) We have seen nothing to say that he WONT get there.

3. KAT is not going to wait around for the Timberwolves franchise to do something they have only done in one franchise season......compete for a title. He will be demanding a trade next season if itís the same or anywhere close as this season.

Again; I’m not sayin he can’t coach. I’m saying three things:

1. He did not become coach by earning his way there. As a result it’s even more unlikely for him than any other first year coach that he will prove to be a successful coach.

2. While I do believe he has far more talent than other Wolf coaches who were fired Casey and Mchale to name two (although McHale the GM got McHale the coach fired.) We have seen nothing to say that he WONT get there.

3. KAT is not going to wait around for the Timberwolves franchise to do something they have only done in one franchise season......compete for a title. He will be demanding a trade next season if it’s the same or anywhere close as this season.
    1. What about Steve Kerr or Tyronn Lue? Did they do more than Saunders to earn head coaching jobs?
    2. Debatable, but I don't necessarily disagree.
    3. He just signed a super max extension. He's not going anywhere.

1. What about Steve Kerr or Tyronn Lue? Did they do more than Saunders to earn head coaching jobs?
    2. Debatable, but I don't necessarily disagree.
    3. He just signed a super max extension. He's not going anywhere.
    1. Absofreakinglutly and itís not even close...or in the same ball park.
    2. Fair position.
    3. Youíre probably correct but he could always mimick Butler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1. Absofreakinglutly and it’s not even close...or in the same ball park.
    2. Fair position.
    3. You’re probably correct but he could always mimick Butler.

How so? Kerr's first coaching job ever was as the Warriors head coach. Lue had 7 years as an assistant before taking the Cavs head coaching job. Saunders has 10 years of experience as an NBA assistant.

How so? Kerr's first coaching job ever was as the Warriors head coach. Lue had 7 years as an assistant before taking the Cavs head coaching job. Saunders has 10 years of experience as an NBA assistant.
    Really Dog?
    Steve played in the NBA for 14 or 15 years. He then was a NBA GM for 3 or 4 years. He also did NBA play by play for like 5 or 6 years.

Tyron Lue played in the NBA for 11-12 years he then was an assistant coach for another 5 years before becoming assistant head coach for a year.

Ryan? If not for his father he would have NEVER played D1 basketball. He would have absolutely NEVER been a coach on anybodyís NBA bench at 21. As a result he would have NEVER had the opportunity to be a NBA head coach 10 years removed from college. The other two gentlemen toiled for 20 years....after being legitimate college basketball players. Absolutely no comparison.

Now...with that being said. Ryan has represented himself well and certainly exceeded my expectations (not that he should care.)

Really Dog?
    Steve played in the NBA for 14 or 15 years. He then was a NBA GM for 3 or 4 years. He also did NBA play by play for like 5 or 6 years.

Tyron Lue played in the NBA for 11-12 years he then was an assistant coach for another 5 years before becoming assistant head coach for a year.

Ryan? If not for his father he would have NEVER played D1 basketball. He would have absolutely NEVER been a coach on anybody’s NBA bench at 21. As a result he would have NEVER had the opportunity to be a NBA head coach 10 years removed from college. The other two gentlemen toiled for 20 years....after being legitimate college basketball players. Absolutely no comparison.

Now...with that being said. Ryan has represented himself well and certainly exceeded my expectations (not that he should care.)

So NBA players and GMs are automatically qualified to become coaches without coaching experience? Lue coached 2.5 years, winning the championship his first year, and losing in the finals the other 2 seasons.

Who cares how Ryan got his opportunity? He got it and is making the best of it. That doesn't preclude him from winning now given the right talent.

Default 2018-2019 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

So NBA players and GMs are automatically qualified to become coaches without coaching experience? Lue coached 2.5 years, winning the championship his first year, and losing in the finals the other 2 seasons.

Who cares how Ryan got his opportunity? He got it and is making the best of it. That doesn't preclude him from winning now given the right talent.
    Thereís quite a difference between EARNING ones way into the NBA vs coming there on bring your kid to work day and staying.

Lue and Kerr earned their way. Both stayed in the league because they proved they could play, read and implement schemes in the NBA. Ryan is in the mist of proving that has a coach where the others had to prove it in other capacities first. Frankly we donít know if Ryan is even a good assistant coach. Itís not like he has been part of a successful team.

I tend to believe he was because so far he has proven to be a competent head coach. But itís not like he became a assistant or head coach on merit.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/how-t...a-coach-2017-6

Howl Wolves!!

Rose was interviewed recently and mentioned he wants 4 years/36 million. $9 per season is insane enough...like really insane. More than one year for a guy who hasn't been healthy since 2010 is delusional. I'm sure Taylor has already decided that that is a bargin.

The Wolves will only have enough money to sign minimum deals (up to $2.3 for 10+ years of service), the #1 pick and maybe Tyus if they can get him on the cheap (very doubtful). They then have the Mid-Level Exception (Non-Taxpayer)-about $9 million. Rose wants all of it.

If Taylor agrees to what Rose wants, the team will lose Taj, Tolliver, Bayless, etc.. to be able to pay for Towns and a few others (increases). They then can only add a #1 pick while keeping Rose. Insane.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Quote Originally Posted by tikited View Post
    Rose was interviewed recently and mentioned he wants 4 years/36 million. $9 per season is insane enough...like really insane. More than one year for a guy who hasn't been healthy since 2010 is delusional. I'm sure Taylor has already decided that that is a bargin.

The Wolves will only have enough money to sign minimum deals (up to $2.3 for 10+ years of service), the #1 pick and maybe Tyus if they can get him on the cheap (very doubtful). They then have the Mid-Level Exception (Non-Taxpayer)-about $9 million. Rose wants all of it.

If Taylor agrees to what Rose wants, the team will lose Taj, Tolliver, Bayless, etc.. to be able to pay for Towns and a few others (increases). They then can only add a #1 pick while keeping Rose. Insane.
    Let Rose go. He can't stay healthy. Whats the point?