Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Exactly - was there a script for the practice meltdown or did Jimmy just make it up on the fly ?
    The insults were so specific that it is obvious that he wrote them last night. "The Dominican Enos Kanter" was way too good to be done on the fly.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Reusse: Once an underdog, Jimmy Butler has turned into an egomaniac NBA star now

The Timberwolves have confirmed the organization had no idea Nichols and ESPN were in town until they saw the network airing snippets of the interview as a set up for NBA shows and Sports Centers that would follow.

The fact Butler showed up for practice for the first time Wednesday, went bonkers on everybody, stormed out and was sitting with Nichols for a prearranged interview soon thereafter is not a conspiracy theory.

That’s one plus one being two — that’s a conspiracy, period.

Some people are throwing around a third part of the conspiracy and it’s all preposterous theory: That basketball boss and coach Tom Thibodeau was in on it, figuring Butler’s antics would lead to being fired by owner Glen Taylor, thus allowing Thibs to walk away with $24 million owed for three more seasons.

There’s nothing more important in Thibodeau’s life than coaching basketball, including money. If he left with a huge check and a monumental mess, Thibodeau would be done as a head basketball coach — in the NBA or at a top 200 college program.

The odds are improving by the moment that Taylor will fire Thibodeau, but it won’t be something that fulfills a hope for Thibs.

The reports from Wednesday’s practice described a chaotic scene during which Butler charged onto a practice court, checked himself into a 5-on-5 session with third-teamers, and screamed profanely at various parties — coaches, teammates, and GM Scott Layden.

The greatest embarrassment in all of this is that Thibodeau apparently did not confront Butler in any manner. The coach might have seen more practice energy than in the entire preseason, but he also lost this roster forever if he would not challenge Butler.

http://www.startribune.com/once-an-u...now/496786741/

Howl Wolves!!

Butler supposedly demanded a trade 5 months ago, essentially when the season ended. Fire Thibs and Layden now.

Taylor ruined what Flip helped to rebuild by hiring an idiot like Thibs. Only a new owner will fix this mess of a team. Taylor sucks.

This is fun. I say keep him.

I thought this was a noteworthy, interesting tweet

One other interesting note is that this is his only client
    Last edited by JimmyJamesMD; 10-11-2018 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    This is fun. I say keep him.
    It's probably the most interesting TWolves bit in a while...so you may have something there. I would fire Thibs first. Today. Make a deal for Butler if they can get something good. If not play it out with the new coach and see if he can iron the issues out. No fire sale. Let Butler rot if he continues to act like an idiot.

Howl Wolves!!

Howl Wolves!!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post

Howl Wolves!!
    Bleed, how do you feel about the situation?

Taylor needs to sell this team today to someone competent enough to clean house.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherguy0723 View Post
    Butler supposedly demanded a trade 5 months ago, essentially when the season ended. Fire Thibs and Layden now.

Taylor ruined what Flip helped to rebuild by hiring an idiot like Thibs. Only a new owner will fix this mess of a team. Taylor sucks.
    No he didn't, though that's what Butler and his agent are putting out there.

He demanded that the Wolves give him his $180 million NOW! Not wait until next year. Kept putting it out there too. Pretty obvious that it would be nearly impossible to clear all that cap space without gutting the team. The Wolves thought that with Butler's consuming passion to win he wouldn't want to be on another losing team just to get his money now, rather than wait a year to get it.

They found out that they were wrong.

Butler is all about the money.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    Bleed, how do you feel about the situation?
    It's a complete sh!t show, worse than I can imagine. I am disheartened that neither KAT nor Wiggins (ideally KAT) stood up to Butler yesterday after his tirade. It's obvious that this is KAT's team going forward and if the story is as its being leaked (that Butler came in, dominated, yelled and cursed at everyone including staff and then left) and KAT didn't do anything to physically confront Butler (re: a very hard foul) and verbally stick up for the staff, then KAT has a long ways to go to be seen as a leader.

I'd fire Thibs today (I would have fired him long ago) as he has clearly lost the franchise.

I have absolutely no faith in Taylor and I think he is not receiving nearly enough heat for allowing all of this to happen on his watch, in addition to years and years of pathetically run franchise. I don't know if the STrib is afraid to go after him because he owns the paper, but there are many other media outlets as well that don't put pressure on him.

Howl Wolves!!

Quote Originally Posted by GopherWeatherGuy View Post
    Taylor needs to sell this team today to someone competent enough to clean house.
    All known possible buyers are interested in moving the team.

Right now that may not seem like a bad idea to a lot of folks. Not sure if Taylor does.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceland12 View Post
    All known possible buyers are interested in moving the team.

Right now that may not seem like a bad idea to a lot of folks. Not sure if Taylor does.
    I could careless about the Wolves, that will just help the gopher fanbase long term

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk