It seems that the National media ---

Nebraska would be top 20 if it were 3-0 under its current schedule. But hey, they've done something in the last half century.

Beat Iowa to go 5-0, you've got yourself a high-teens national ranking and a somewhat tasty matchup going into Columbus.

The key then is to at least keep things respectable with the spotlight on and then continue consistently the rest of the way.

Last edited:

It is amazing to see what having an actual QB can do to fan optimism. That said I think we should pump the brakes on top 25 talk and College Gameday because while the future looks bright I don't think this is the year the team arrives on the National scene.

We are still talking about a squad that lost its best offensive player and has a true freshman under center. Annexstad has played really well to this point but there are going to be ups and downs and he has yet to face a Big Ten caliber defense.

What is really exciting is seeing signs of improvement and then realizing that nearly every key player outside of just a couple guys will be back again next season. And on top of that you will hopefully have two really good RB's returning to full time duty who when healthy are difference makers on the field in Smith and Brooks.

To me, this is a growth year with next year setting up to be the season where the team finally breaks through the way we have all been waiting and hoping for.

Top Bottom