Please keep the road uniforms simple and classic this weekend

Since Maryland uniforms often look like somebody ate burnt hamburgers with ketchup and mustard and then threw up in the equipment room, I'm pretty sure the Gophers will look better.

I haven't watched this for a few years...it's still great.

On a side note, I've never noticed this before, but it that Dan Monson hopping into the pile at the 1:09 mark? He would have been about two weeks before coaching his first game here.

That was the season when the equipment staff needlessly put everyone's first initial on their jerseys. Bugged the hell out of me (for some reason).

Also shows that whoever designed this year's white shirts are dingbats for having the nameplates as just yellow letters on white. #facepalm

The oars on the helmet bug me a lot, and I’m pretty open-minded about uniforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it looks like a beaver tail. I'd be perfectly fine with putting a small RTB emlem with cross oars and Minnnesota "M" somewhere on the back of the helmet.

Last edited:

I hear the oars will be replaced for the Wisconsin game.

Instead there will be a picture of Bucky handing the axe to Goldy!

The oars on the helmet bug me a lot, and I’m pretty open-minded about uniforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. The oars on the helmet are tacky. Hope they get rid of them for next year. Otherwise I really like the unis. Maybe they will bust out the Gold domes this weekend.

I've always felt this way. People get too hung up on this.

I don't think people get too hung up on this. I think it's just something fun to talk about while we wait for game day.

White hats, white jersey, maroon pants I believe

I feel like it is best to try to standout from Maryland however with red yellow black and white that will be hard to do. I prefer the maroon helmets but white may separate them. Maroon helmet white jersey and maroon pants

My guess is chrome white white

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I said last week that I believed they’d wait to break out the chrome at Under Armour U.

I think it’s chrome, white, gold.

I do wish that, someday, they will get to the point of releasing a Uniform Schedule as many programs (including NFL teams) do.

Would be odd to do chrome first on the road.....but I guess if it is an away game uniform....

Would be odd to do chrome first on the road.....but I guess if it is an away game uniform....

Your point is valid and maybe it won’t be until Iowa game for Homecoming. My comment was just a gut feeling so to speak.

Yellow helmet, white jersey, maroon pants

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good combo. Greatly contrasts Maryland's dark tops and helmets.

I'm glad we're going with a combo that will help the Gophers succeed instead of worrying about all the other B.S.

Top Bottom